PSF Meeting Minutes for 2015-09-24
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 23:00 UTC, on September 24, 2015. Betsy Waliszewski took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Meetup Fees - reimbursements approved
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Votes taken by PSF Work Groups
- 6 Monthly Reports
- 7 Python Conference Spain (PyConES)
- 8 Django Carrots France 3rd Edition
- 9 PyCon CZ 2015
- 10 Python San Sebastian 2015 Conference
- 11 Django Girls Novi Sad
- 12 Django Girls Mbale Uganda
- 13 Django Girls at PyConES
- 14 Other Business / Discussions
The following members of the Board of Directors (6 of 11) were present at the meeting: Diana Clarke, Van Lindberg, Naomi Ceder, Carol Willing, Nick Coghlan, and Alex Gaynor.
Betsy Waliszewski (Secretary, Administration), Ewa Jodlowska (Director of Operations) were also in attendance.
The 24 August 2015 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2015-August/032170.html as representing a true and accurate record of the August 24, 2015 meeting.
- Hong Kong Python User Group - $29.94 USD = 6 months meetup.com fees
- Helsinki PyLadies - $12.00 USD = 6 months meetup.com fees
- Puget Sound Programming Python Meetup Fees = $89.94 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation approve a grant request from Django Girls Budapest to help support (2) workshops for 30 students each on November 21 and 22, 2015, for a total of 500€ (approximately $566.95 USD). Approved: 11-0-0. September 15, 2015.
RESOLVED: That the PSF grant $3000 USD to PyCon Poland for their 2015 conference.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant Brett Morris $2,250 USD to travel to Google Summer of Code/PSF to present project "astroplan" at the .Astronomy conference in Sydney, Australia.
Approved, Aug 27, 2015.
- Only provided once a month, at the conclusion of a month. The next reports will be posted in the first set of October minutes.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Python Conference Spain (PyConES) on November 23rd and 24th, 2015 in the amount of $3,000 USD as a Platinum Level Sponsor.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Django Carrots France 3rd Edition 2-1/2 day programming workshop on Python and Django October 18 - 20, 2015 in the amount of $1,750 USD.
RESOLVED that the PSF sponsor PyCon CZ 2015, November 14-15 in Brno, Czech Republic at the gold sponsorship level in the amount of $2000 USD.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation approve a grant for the Python San Sebastian 2015 conference in the amount of $1,000 USD.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation approve a grant request from Django Girls Novi Sad to help support a workshop for 30 women on October 24, 2015 in the amount of $500 USD.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation approve a grant request for training of 30 participants at Django Girls Mbale Uganda on October 31, 2015 in the amount of $750 USD.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation provide an educational grant to Django Girls at PyConES in the amount of $750 USD.
- The board discussed the Tassajara Hills Elementary School grant request. Action item: Move discussion to email and come up with a new resolution similar to the one that Van proposed during the meeting.
- The board had a brief PyPI discussion. Action item: move discussion back to email thread.