The Python Software Foundation needs your help building infrastructure for the PSF and PyCon US, helping with fundraising and advocacy, and running important parts of the Python community (mailing lists, website, job board, etc).
You can help out by signing up the psf-volunteers mailing list, which puts you in a pool of people that receive requests from the PSF board when there is work to be done that we cannot handle ourselves.
Don't worry if you won't always be available. Our goal is to build a pool of volunteers so that work can get be done by whomever is available at the time of need. This will help get things done with fewer delays.
- Help find donors and sponsors
- Act as a PSF representative at a conference
- Do a mini-presentation on the PSF at your local users group
- Help with other initiatives, such as grants
- Participate in planning and organizing PyCon US
Python Software Foundation Working Groups
We also have PSF working groups comprised of volunteers. See the list of active working groups here. Please note that not all working groups are currently accepting new volunteers.