PSF Meeting Minutes for April 1, 2015
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 20:00 UTC, on April 1, 2015. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 NumFOCUS & PSF Work Group
- 7 SciPy 2015 Sponsorship
- 8 Plone 2015 Conf Sponsorship
- 9 Python Sverige Sponsorship
- 10 DjangoGirls Mbarara
- 11 DjangoGirls Cardiff
- 12 cffi Development Grant
- 13 New Relic PSF Sponsorship
- 14 ACPySS Workshop Grant
- 15 PyCon KR 2015 Sponsorship
- 16 Other Business
- 17 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (08 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Brian Curtin, Jessica McKellar, David Mertz, Lynn Root, Selena Deckelmann, and Nick Coghlan (joined after the NumFOCUS working group was voted on). Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) & Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) were also in attendance.
The 18 February 2015 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2015-February/028615.html as representing a true and accurate record of the February 18, 2015 meeting.
There were no votes taken between the February 18, 2015 and April 1, 2015 meetings.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $1500 to the DjangoGirls Paris Workshop happening April 4, 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Geek Girl Carrots Warsaw swag in the amount of $500 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor SciPy Latin America 2015 in the amount of $3,000
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyCon Australia 2015 in the amount of $3,400 (sponsorship total includes the PyCon AU Sponsor Level and the Video Branding Sponsorship)
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor DjangoCon Europe 2015 in the amount of $3,500 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation authorize the PSF Infrastructure Team to spend up to $150 per month on Amazon S3 services for storing packages for PyPI, for up to 12 months
A write-up on PyCon will be included in the May reports. Any other reports submitted will be included in that batch.
RESOLVED, that the PSF pursue the creation and funding of a joint working group with the NumFOCUS Foundation to coordinate sponsorship of open source conferences, workshops and other events focused on the use of Python in the areas of scientific research and data analysis
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor SciPy 2015 in Austin, TX in the amount of $2,000 USD (Silver level sponsorship)
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the 2015 Plone Conference in Bucharest in the amount of $2,000 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Python Sverige 2015 in the amount of 3,000 EUR
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $650 to the DjangoGirls Mbarara workshop happening April 4th, 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant 500 EUR to the Cardiff DjangoGirls workshop happening May 31, 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant Armin Rigo $2500 towards cffi development aimed at making cffi generated extension modules importable without runtime dependencies on an extension module build toolchain
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation recommend New Relic as a sponsor member
Approved, 7-0-0 (MAL’s internet connection dropped so he did not vote on this resolution).
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant 1000 EURO to Asociacion de ciencias de la programacion Python San Sebastian (ACPySS) for a python workshop happening in June 2015 pending completion of their code of conduct
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyCon KR 2015 in the amount 5,000,000 KRW
- “RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation recommend Winworkweb Technology (Malta) Ltd as a sponsor member” was deferred. Marc-Andre has reached out to this organization for further inquiry.
- It was discussed and agreed that David will be contact between NumFOCUS & PSF workgroup.
- It was discussed and agreed that David will reach out to Armin about additional funding if needed for the cffi development grant
- We have deferred on further PyPI terms discussion since no new work has been done on the suggested terms.
- It was discussed and agreed that when the time comes, MaryAnn & Brian will help with content updating and consistency & discrepancies on pydotorg
- It was discussed and agreed that the PSF infra team would take on some admin work that RevSys is currently doing. An email thread has to be started about this.