PSF Meeting Minutes for May 20, 2015
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 21:00 UTC, on May 20, 2015. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y-opposed-N-abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 PyOhio Sponsorship
- 7 PyOhio Young Coders' Workshop
- 8 Django Girls EuroPython
- 9 Django Girls Warsaw v2
- 10 PyCon Singapore Sponsorship
- 11 2015 1st Qtr Community Service Award
- 12 Budget Timeline vs Fiscal Reporting Timeline
- 13 PSF-Community Mailing List
- 14 Opening PSF Wiki
- 15 Making Use of Python Wiki
- 16 Other Business
- 17 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (07 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Lynn Root, Alex Gaynor, Selena Deckelmann, Nick Coghlan, and Brian Curtin (joined after PyOhio vote). Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) & Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) were also in attendance.
The 28 April 2015 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2015-May/030318.html as representing a true and accurate record of the May 5, 2015 meeting
There were no votes taken between the May 5, 2015 and May 20, 2015 meetings.
There were no email votes taken between the May 5, 2015 and May 20, 2015 meetings.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyOhio 2015 in the amount of $4,000
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $2,500 to the Young Coders' workshop happening at PyOhio 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant 1,500 USD to the Django Girls EuroPython 2015 workshop happening in Bilbao, Spain on July 20, 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $1,000 USD to the second Django Girls Warsaw workshop happening May 24th
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyCon Singapore 2015 in the amount of 1000 SGD (~754 USD), which is their silver level sponsorship
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation award Armin Stross-Radschinski and Jan Ulrich Hasecke the 1st Qtr 2015 PSF Community Service Award for their work on creating the PSF Python Brochure
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation amends the decision made on July 18, 2014 to adopt a budgetary year from July 1 to June 30, and continue with a fiscal reporting year running from January 1 to December 31
RESOLVED, that a new psf-community mailing be list, with public archives, open for all PSF member,including, in particular, all the basic members
RESOLVED, that the PSF wiki be opened to all voting members
RESOLVED, that the PSF strive to put all public PSF information on the public Python wiki instead of in the PSF wiki
- RESOLVED, that the PSF acknowledge the creation of a PSF working group to help with efforts to establish a Python conference in Cuba was deferred until there is a charter in place.
- The PSF Board discussed the Decision Making Process proposal and decided to defer it to the incoming board
- The PSF Board discussed the proposal for the future of psf-members@ mailing list and decided to defer it to the incoming board
- The board also discussed and voted on a new DSA award but the details will not be disclosed until the announcement is made to the winner.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 22:07 UTC.