PSF Meeting Minutes for 2015-05-05
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 16:00 UTC, on May 5, 2015. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
The following members of the Board of Directors (07 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Lynn Root, Alex Gaynor, Selena Deckelmann, Nick Coghlan, and Jessica McKellar (left meeting before Election Admin was voted on). Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) & Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) were also in attendance.
The 28 April 2015 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2015-April/029787.html as representing a true and accurate record of the April 28, 2015 meeting.
There were no votes taken between the April 1, 2015 and April 28, 2015 meetings.
This vote started April 6th and ended April 8th. It was accidentally omitted was previous minutes.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the PyWAW Summit happening May 25-26th, 2015 in the amount of $2,500 USD.
RESOLVED, due to procedural deficiencies, the Board Election ballots issued on May 1st (AOE)/May 2nd (UTC) be deemed null and void
RESOLVED, that David Mertz be removed as election administrator, and that Ian Cordasco be appointed as election administrator
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation adopt the follow procedure for Board elections:
- Day 1: There is announcement of an upcoming board election via public announcement and email to existing voting members.
- Day 10 (AOE): Nominations and voting eligibility closes for the upcoming board election. The list of voting members is updated.
- Day 14-15: Ballots are sent out to voting members
- Day 25 (AOE): Election closes
RESOLVED: That the Python Software Foundation announce an upcoming board election on May 5, 2015
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the Django Birthday conference (https://djangobirthday.com/) in the amount of $2,000
- There was an executive session after this meeting, but that meeting is not minuted.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 16:54 UTC.