PSF Meeting Minutes for July 9, 2015
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 21:00 UTC, on July 09, 2015. Ewa Jodlowska took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 PSF Communication Officer
- 7 Kiwi PyCon 2015 Sponsorship
- 8 Unconference 2015 Sponsorship
- 9 psf-members@ update
- 10 Other Business
- 11 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (6 of 11) were present at the meeting: Diana Clarke, Naomi Ceder, Ashwini Oruganti, Carol Willing, and Nick Coghlan. Marc-Andre Lemburg voted by proxy. Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) and Kurt B. Kaiser (Treasurer) were also in attendance.
2 Minutes of Past Meetings
The 23 June 2015 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2015-June/031080.html as representing a true and accurate record of the June 23, 2015 meeting.
3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
There were no votes taken between the June 23, 2015 and July 9, 2015 meetings.
4 Votes Taken Over Email
There were no email votes taken between the June 23, 2015 and July 9, 2015 meetings.
5.1 Sprints Working Group
No incoming sprint requests, no outgoing funds, no other activity.
5.2 O&E Working Group
- Old Business: psf-outreach.org: Query from Aahz regarding moribund state of psf-outreach.org. Statement from Lynn Root that she * had started it, * handed it off, * would be happy to revive it. Statement from Jessica McKellar that * New comms hire doing better job of blogging about grants, * In favor of killing psf-outreach.org. Action taken: unknown Status: psf-outreach.org still up
- New Business: No grants or proposals for month as of June 29, Request from Ewa for monthly WG report Action taken: discussed Status: herein delivered
5.3 Trademarks Working Group
- PyCon Czech Republic
- PyCon Slovakia
- PyCon HK
- Intel (r) Distribution for Python (r)
- book about Python libraries in Japan
- stained glass panels with Python logo
- Python logo on a book
- use the Python logo on a school website
- Use of Python logo in a brochure for a microscope
- Carl Trachte also reported a few uses in the wild, but we have not taken action on them.
5.4 Scientific Python Working Group
- Group Charter created, & accepted by PSF
6 PSF Communication Officer
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation appoint Diana Clarke as the Communications Officer for the 2015/16 term
7 Kiwi PyCon 2015 Sponsorship
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Kiwi PyCon 2015 happening in Christchurch, New Zealand September 4-6, 2015 in the amount of $2,500 USD
8 Unconference 2015 Sponsorship
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the Python Unconference happening in Hamburg, Germany September 4-6, 2015 in the amount of 1,000 EUR (approximately 1,108 USD)
9 psf-members@ update
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation adopt these mailing list actions to further support the Python Software Foundation bylaws, improve governance, and provide greater transparency for the membership:
- RESOLVE to retire “psf-members” mailing list where the “psf-members” mailing list will be locked for new posts and new subscribers and the “psf-members” archives will be open to list subscribers as of July 9, 2015
- RESOLVE to create a new “psf-vote” mailing list where all Python Software Foundation membership classes with voting rights granted by the Python Software Foundation bylaws may subscribe to the mailing list; posting privilege will be subject to the Python Software Foundation Code of Conduct and moderation; and the archives are open to list subscribers
10 Other Business
- The board discussed the FA grant request from Kiwi PyCon. The decision was to give a conference sponsorship of $10/expected attendee.
- We have postponed voting on Manuel Kaufmann’s O&E request until we get further information from him regarding his grant request.
- The board discussed a procedure on how to implement the new updates to psf-members@. An email will be sent to the board as well as the membership on how we will proceed and this will all be done prior to the next board meeting in July.
- The board discussed who we should award the Frank Willison award too. A decision was made and the resolution will be distributed via email vote after the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 21:50 UTC.