Notice: While Javascript is not essential for this website, your interaction with the content will be limited. Please turn Javascript on for the full experience.

PSF Meeting Minutes for 2013-05-10

The Python Software Foundation
Minutes of a Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors

May 10, 2013

A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 18:00 CEST/ 12:00 EDT, on May 10 2013. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska prepared the minutes.

All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").

1   Attendance

The following members of the Board of Directors (8 of ll) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Tim Peters, Doug Napoleone, David Mertz, Jessica McKellar, Lynn Root, and Alex Gaynor. Also in attendance were Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) and Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator).

2   Minutes of Past Meetings

The 26 April 2013 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.

RESOLVED: that the PSF approve the minutes at http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2013-May/021929.html as representing a true and accurate record of the April 26, 2013 meeting.

Approved, 8-0-0.

3   Votes Taken Between Meetings

There were no votes taken between meetings.

4   Votes Taken Over Email

There were no votes taken over email.

5   Reports

5.1   Event Coordinator Report

  1. Other PSF Conferences
  • Nothing to report for April
  1. PyCon AV Management
  • Worked on creating the RFP for AV for 2014 and 2015. Sent this RFP to 5 companies. The proposals will be due June 1st.
  1. PyCon Budgeting
  • Worked on finalizing the budget for 2013 to make sure all of the line items were complete and that all charges were entered. Currently working on finalizing the food and beverage details.
  • Made sure that Kurt paid all urgent invoices from 2013.
  1. PyCon Catering
  • Receiving final bills and going through them to check for accuracy.
  1. PyCon Contract Negotiations
  • Nothing to report for April
  1. PyCon Electrical
  • worked on discount from Tricord for them not having power ready in two rooms at the start of the conference.
  • worked on RFP to send out to decorator vendors (such as Freeman and GES), this included info on electrical that will be needed in 2014.
  1. PyCon Exhibit Hall
  • Nothing to report for April.
  1. PyCon Financial Aid
  • Worked on a few loose ends from PyCon and dealing with their hotel bills.
  1. Future Event Planning
  • Started to outline the RFP for 2016/2017. We have an interest from the Denver CVB.
  • Worked with the Palais/Tourism Montreal/Montreal User Group to see if we can move the dates for PyCon 2014/15 to possibly May or June. It is not possible to move it because the Palais is completely booked and has been.
  1. PyCon Hotel/CC Management
  • Went through final bill, removed all charges that didn't belong, split up the charges based on categories in our budget and added each category to the ledger
  1. PyCon Housing Management
  • Worked on getting the final pick up numbers for 2013 and commission checks. Currently working on getting commission checks.
  1. PyCon Internet
  • Nothing to report for April
  1. PyCon Printing
  • Nothing to report for April
  1. PyCon Registration Management
  • Worked on the open payment registrations with Jackie and Kurt. Currently working on getting payment from one last company before we close the books.
  1. PyCon Site Visits
  • Worked on site visit for Diana to visit the Palais. Has to reschedule it for July since the Palais is not available until then.
  1. PyCon Sponsors
  • Nothing to report for April
  1. PyCon Website Management
  • Helped collect the data for the 2014 website RFP, which is now complete and being circulated.

5.2   Administrator Report

  1. Board Agenda / Minutes
  • I continue to write up the Board Agenda and keep it up to date.
  • I continue to write up the Board Meeting minutes.
  1. Grant and Award Notification
  • I continue to notify respective parties of board resolutions.
  1. Email and Communication
  • I am continuing to monitor all PSF Board/Members mailing lists also making sure emails a re being answered/followed up on.
  • I am continuing to read through all of the email threads that occur on the board/members mailing lists.
  • I have started to send out the sponsors letters to PSF sponsor members.
  • I have received access and updated the PSF google calendar with meetings and report due dates through June
  1. Document Creation
  • nothing to report for April
  1. Research and Review
  • nothing to report for April
  1. Contributor Agreements
  • collecting agreements coming through EchoSign and marking them in bug tracker. Going through all of the backlog from PyCon.
  1. Documentation Upkeep and Wiki
  • nothing to report for April
  1. Election Management/Membership
  • Updated CiviCRM based on the feedback the PSF received from the test vote.
  • created the up-to-date member list to be used for the election. This list excluded Associate members.
  • Sent out the informational email to all new PFS members
  1. Website and Infrastructure Management
  • Collected encrypted info from Marc-Andre regarding the PSF Gandi Account
  1. Other Conferences
  • Please see the Event Coordinator Report for the detail.

6   Yearly Budget for Domains

RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation seeks to register Python and PyCon related domains based on initial yearly budget of USD 3000 to cover registration fees.

Approved, 8-0-0.

7   PSF Membership for WarGaming

RESOLVED, that the board recommends WarGaming as a pending sponsor member.

Approved, 8-0-0.

9   Adjournment

Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 18:56 CEST/ 12:56 EDT.