PSF Meeting Minutes for April 26, 2013
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 18:00 CEST/ 12:00 EDT, on April 26 2013. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska prepared the minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 Van Lindberg for PSF Chairman
- 7 Jesse Noller and Marc-Andre Lemberg for PSF Vice-Chairmen
- 8 Marc-Andre Lemburg for PSF Vice-Chairman
- 9 Jesse Noller for PSF Vice-Chairman
- 10 Kiwi PyCon 2013 Sponsorship
- 11 PyCon Canada 2013 Sponsorship
- 12 Diana Clarke for PyCon 2013 Chair
- 13 Robin Dunn for Q1 Community Service Award
- 14 Tim Golden for Q1 Community Service Award
- 15 Other Business
- 16 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (11 of ll) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Jesse Noller, Tim Peters, Brian Curtin, Doug Napoleone (joined after the Chair of PSF was voted on), David Mertz, Jessica McKellar, Brett Cannon, Alex Gaynor, Lynn Root. Also in attendance were Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) and Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator).
The 12 April 2013 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED: that the PSF approve the minutes at http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2013-April/021719.html as representing a true and accurate record of the April 12, 2013 meeting.
There were no votes taken between meetings.
There were no votes taken over email.
Reports are delivered every two weeks. The next reports will be delivered May 10, 2013.
RESOLVED, that Van Lindberg be appointed Chairman of the Python Software Foundation for the year 2013
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation appoint two Vice Chairs for 2013, Jesse Noller and Marc-Andre Lemburg
RESOLVED, that Marc-Andre Lemburg be appointed Vice Chair of the Python Software Foundation
RESOLVED, that Jesse Noller be appointed Vice Chair of the Python Software Foundation
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the Kiwi PyCon 2013 Conference in Auckland for the amount of $2,500 (Gold Sponsorship Level)
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the PyCon Canada 2013 Conference in Toronto for the amount of $3,000
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation appoints Diana Clarke as the PyCon 2014/2015 Conference Chair
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant the 2013 Quarter One Community Service Award to Robin Dunn for being the principal maintainer of wxPython
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant the 2013 Quarter One Community Service Award to Tim Golden for his work on supporting the Windows Management Interface in Python and supporting that code and Windows users generally on comp.lang.python
- Task assignments for new Board Members. Moved to mailing list.
- Moving E-Vote to PSF controlled servers (Noah and Infrastructure Committee seem on-board here). Should we offer voting services via our hosting to other FLOSS organizations? (DQM opines +1). Moved to mailing list for further discussion.
- Discuss implementing a formal procedures for members to present motions for Board consideration. Moved to mailing list for further discussion.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 19:00 CEST/ 13:00 EDT.