PSF Meeting Minutes for May 10, 2016
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 17:00 UTC, on May 10, 2016. Betsy Waliszewski took notes/minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
The following members of the Board of Directors (8 of 11) were present at the meeting: Naomi Ceder, Diana Clarke, Van Lindberg, Carol Willing, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Anna Ossowski, Carrie Ann Philbin, and Ashwini Oruganti. Nick Coglan was represented by Ewa Jodlowska as proxy.
Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer), Betsy Waliszewski (Event Planner and Administrator), Mark Mangoba (IT Manager), and Ewa Jodlowska (Director of Operations) were also in attendance.
The 12 April 2016 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2016-April/036388.html as representing a true and accurate record of the April 12, 2016 meeting.
- $30.28: Santa Fe, Argentina
Note: Reports are received once a month.
Below are resolutions approved by the various PSF Working Groups since the April 12th board meeting:
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation Grants Working Group grant $230 to PyLadies Bangalore Foundation for one workshop, with the possibility of subsequent funding, pending results.
Approved 6-0-0 on April 14, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation Grants Working Group grant $1000 USD for Django Girls Port Harcourt happening on July 22-23, 2016 in Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Approved 6-0-0 on April 12, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF Scientific Python Working Group approve a grant of 800€ for a scientific Software Carpentry workshop to be held at Lund University in May 2016.
Approved April 15, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation Grants Working Group grant $2000 USD for PyCon Russia happening on July 3-4, 2016 in Moscow.
Approved 6-0-0 on April 19, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF's Grants Working Group has granted $500 USD to Django Girls Gdansk for their workshop happening on May 21, 2016.
Approved 6-0-0 on April 29, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF's Grants Working group has approved a grant of $700 USD for the Django Girls Cape Town event that will be held on May 13-14 in Woodstock, Cape Town.
Approved 6-0-1 on April 29, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF's Grants Working Group has approved a grant for $290 USD to support AfriAct Foundation - Django girls Harare for the deaf child, that is happening on May 11, 2016.
Approved 7-0-0 on May 9, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF's Grants Working Group approved $1000 USD for a one-day Django Girls workshop at San Diego Central Library in San Diego on July 30, 2016.
Approved 6-0-0 on May 10, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the PSF grant $6000 USD for financial aid for EuroPython 2016.
Approved 11-0-0 on April 15, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $1535.26 USD (6000 MYR) for a Gold Sponsorship for PyCon MY (Malaysia), International University of Malaya-Wales (IUMW), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, August 26-28, 2016.
Approved 9-0-0 on May 10, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $300 USD to Tech Workshops For Women By Women for an all day workshop on June 25 in Northern California (location TBD).
Approved 8-0-1 on May 10, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $4000 USD to Christopher Neugebauer for the continued development of open source conference registration software to complement the Symposion suite of conference management tools - part 2.
Approved 9-0-0 May 10, 2016
- RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $500 USD to the Django Girls event in Ota, Ogun state of Nigeria, that is happening on August 6, 2016.
Approved 8-0-1 May 10, 2016
- RESOLVED that the PSF approve a marketing budget of $3500 for shipping costs of the PSF brochure.
Approved 8-0-1 on May 10, 2016
- BBC micro:bit next steps. Continue discussion via email.
- Update on changing sponsor members to sponsors. The bylaws WG has begun working on this change. The 2 pending sponsors have been notified that we are in this process of change and that it may delay their sponsorship by a month or so. Ned Batchelder from the WG has volunteered to assist in the meantime.
- Training workshop for Kumasi Tech Community: we have asked them to submit another grant request when there is an instructor and curriculum.
- SCI (School of Computational Intelligence) Nigeria - 6 month training program for 20 students: we've asked them to resubmit at a later date once they have selected trainers for the workshop.
Van Lindberg adjourned the board meeting at 18:00 UTC on May 10, 2016.