PSF Meeting Minutes for Sept. 12, 2014
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 16:00 UTC, on September 12, 2014. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska recorded the call/IRC transcript.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 Django Under the Hood Sponsorship
- 7 Continuum PSF Sponsor Member
- 8 Python Argentina Sponsorship
- 9 Django Girls Warsaw Grant
- 10 Django Girls Edinburgh Grant
- 11 Django Girls Mbale Grant
- 12 Other Business
- 13 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (08 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, David Mertz, Jessica McKellar (left after Django Girls Warsaw vote), Lynn Root (joined after Django Under the Hood vote), Kushal Das, Selena Deckelmann, and Travis Oliphant. Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) and Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) also were in attendance.
The 22 August 2014 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2014-August/026477.html as representing a true and accurate record of the August 22, 2014 meeting.
There were no votes taken between the August 22nd and September 12th meetings.
There were no votes taken over email between the August 22nd and September 12th meetings.
Reports will be included in the next batch of September board meeting minutes.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Django: Under The Hood Conference happening November 14-15 in Amsterdam, Holland in the amount of 1,000 Euro (approximately 1320USD), which corresponds to the conference's silver level sponsorship.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation recommends Continuum as a pending PSF Sponsor Member to the PSF Membership
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor the Python Argentina 2014 conference in the amount of $3,000 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant US$1000 to Django Girls Warsaw for a November 8th, 2014 workshop
RESOLVED, that the PSF grant $1,750 USD to Django Girls Edinburgh for a workshop happening November 29, 2014
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant 1020€ to Django Girls Mbale, Uganda for a workshop happening November 8
- The board decided that Travis should evaluate the grant request for mingw-w64 based numpy/scipy development with the assistance of the NumFocus Foundation and make a recommendation to the PSF board.
- The board has decided that Van will draft up a letter to sent to the organization who is hoping to register the “Pyton” trademark in France: http://trademark.markify.com/trademarks/ctm/pyton/013065123.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 16:49 UTC.