PSF Meeting Minutes for Jan. 20, 2014
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 18:00 CET/ 12:00 EST, on January 20, 2014. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska prepared the minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y?opposed-N?abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports
- 6 PSF Project Credit Card Fees
- 7 Python-FOSDEM 2014 Sponsorship
- 8 PyCon Australia Brisbane 2014 Sponsorship
- 9 PyData London 2014 Sponsorship
- 10 FOSDEM 2014 Video Production
- 11 Other Business
- 12 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (9 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Tim Peters, Jesse Noller, Brian Curtin, Jessica McKellar, Alex Gaynor, Brett Cannon, Marc-Andre Lemburg,and David Mertz. Also in attendance were Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) and Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer).
The 3 January 2014 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2014-January/023860.html as representing a true and accurate record of the January 03, 2013 meeting.
There were no votes taken between meetings.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyCon Philippines 2014 in the amount of $3,000 USD.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation will absorb PayPal and credit card fees associated with donations to its fiscal sponsorees (excluding PyCon) instead of charging them to the projects
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Python-FOSDEM 2014 in the amount of EUR 500 (approx. USD 680)
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyCon Australia: Brisbane 2014 in the amount of $3,500 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor PyData London, taking place on 21-23 February 2014, in the amount of $2,000 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor video production at FOSDEM 2014 with an amount of $2,500 USD
- The board decided to postpone: RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grants USD 5000 to the Mailman Project for porting Mailman 3 to Python 3. This will be postponed until the Mailman Project can list the expected deliverables based on this grant request.
- The board has decided to postpone: RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant EUR 750 to the EuroPython Society for registering the EuroPython CTM trademark in order to protect the IP rights to the EuroPython conference series. It was agreed that Marc-Andre would communicate with the EPS about the possibility of having the EPS become an "official organ" of the PSF.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 19:03 CET/ 13:03 EST.