PSF Meeting Minutes for Feb. 14, 2014
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 18:00 CET/ 12:00 EST, on January 31, 2014. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska prepared the minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
- 1 Attendance
- 2 Minutes of Past Meetings
- 3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
- 4 Votes Taken Over Email
- 5 Reports will be due for the February 28, 2014 meeting
- 6 Python Brasil 2014 Sponsorship
- 7 DjangoCon Europe 2014 Sponsorship
- 8 EuroPython 2014 Sponsorship
- 9 Kivy Contest 2014
- 10 New PSF Bylaws
- 11 GNOME Outreach Program for Women Internship
- 12 Other Business
- 13 Adjournment
The following members of the Board of Directors (9 of 11) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Tim Peters, Jesse Noller, Brian Curtin, Jessica McKellar, Alex Gaynor, Brett Cannon, Marc-Andre Lemburg, and David Mertz (joined after the board voted on EuroPython sponsorship). Also in attendance were Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator) and Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer).
The 31 January 2014 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that the PSF approve the minutes at https://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2014-February/024319.html as representing a true and accurate record of the January 31, 2013 meeting.
There were no votes taken between meetings.
There were no votes taken over email.
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor Python Brasil 2014 in the amount of $4,552 USD, which corresponds to their Gold Level Sponsorship: https://pybr.s3.amazonaws.com/static/docs/python_brasil_prospectus_10.pdf
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor DjangoCon Europe 2014 in the amount of $3,500 USD
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation sponsor EuroPython 2014 in the amount of 5,000 EUR ($6844 USD)
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation grant $2000 to Kivy for handling gifts/prizes for the winners and participants of the Kivy contest 2014 and other miscellaneous expenses related to managing the contest
RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation adopt the revised set of bylaws: https://bitbucket.org/vanl/psf-bylaws/src/14ba5922ab7feea342405db2123d04baaa6e9ae6/bylaws.md?at=default
RESOLVED that the PSF sponsor 2 GNOME Outreach Program for Women internship for the summer 2014 session, in the amount of $12,500
- The board has discussed the recent occurrences with ChiPy and how to proceed with their request for the PSF to provide fiscal sponsorship for their "direct project”. Further discussion is needed and will continue on board mailing list.
- The board has decided that a FAQ page is needed in relation to the new set of bylaws so they are not misinterpreted.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 19:04 CET/ 13:04 EST.