PSF Meeting Minutes for May 13, 2003

The Python Software Foundation
Minutes of Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors

May 13, 2003

A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation (the "PSF") Board of Directors was held over Internet Relay Chat at 17:05 GMT. Guido van Rossum, president of the Foundation and chairman of the Board, presided at the meeting.

1. Attendance

The following members of the Board of Directors were present at the meeting: Thomas Wouters, Guido van Rossum, Martin von Löwis, Tim Peters, Jeremy Hylton. A quorum was present. Neal Norwitz also participated in the meeting.

2. Meeting minutes of past IRC meetings

Guido moved to approve the minutes of April 8th. Motion passes with 5 ayes.

3. Treasurer Report

Jeremy reminded the Board that tax filing is due on May 15. Neal Norwitz does not have the necessary information, so Jeremy would file one more time.

The books have not been transferred to Neal, yet. Jeremy will get together with him in the next couple of weeks.

Jeremy reports the following cash flow: Greg Ward donated $50, Kevin Altis donated $100, Matthew Dixon Cowles donated $50. We also received a $500 check from ActiveState for conference sponsorship, a $10,416 check from Yet Another Society for registration fees, and a check from O'Reilly for $100 for sponshorship. The bill for insurance came and it is $500. Kurt DeMaagd from YAS reported on the total collected and the actual bank expenses. We need to double-check his math, but he says he owes us 7825.90. The last three numbers mean we made a net profit on the conference of of 3782.46.

Guido reports that we were supposed to have gotten $3600 in sponsor money, but only got $3100. The missing $500 is from sams publishing.

4. Conference planning

Thomas suggest that we should look into the next PyCon, and suggests that Steve Holden is invited to chair organization of that conference again. Thomas will contact him about that.

5. Sunsite DK

Guido reports that Martin Dalum has offered to host the Python development on Sunsite, which will be named ".src", to indicate they have new sponsors now. In the discussion, it became apparent that many details of that proposal were still vague. Martin will contact Martin Dalum to find out further details.

Notice: While Javascript is not essential for this website, your interaction with the content will be limited. Please turn Javascript on for the full experience.