PSF Meeting Minutes for Nov. 21, 2012
A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation ("PSF") Board of Directors was held over Group Conference Call via phone and Internet Relay Chat beginning at 18:00 CEST/ 12:00 EDT, on November 21 2012. Van Lindberg presided over the meeting. Ewa Jodlowska prepared the minutes.
All votes are reported in the form "Y-N-A" (in favor-Y‚opposed-N‚abstentions-A; e.g. "5-1-2" means "5 in favor, 1 opposed, and 2 abstentions").
The following members of the Board of Directors (10 of ll) were present at the meeting: Van Lindberg, Marc-Andre Lemburg, Tim Peters, Brian Curtin, Jessica McKellar, Steve Holden, Andrew Kuchling, David Mertz, Jesse Noller, and Doug Napoleone (joined after Board voted on NLTK Funding to Mikjail Korobov). Also in attendance were Kurt Kaiser (Treasurer) and Ewa Jodlowska (Secretary/Administrator).
2 Minutes of Past Meetings
The November 7, 2012 Board meeting minutes were voted on and approved.
RESOLVED, that we approve the minutes at http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019724.html as representing a true and accurate record of the November 7, 2012 meeting.
3 Votes Taken Between Meetings
There were no votes taken between meetings.
4 Votes Taken Over Email
There were no votes taken over email.
5 Treasurer Report
Treasurer Report November 2012 -(October Report): http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019841.html
6 Progress Reports
- Pydotorg/Website Redesign: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019827.html
- Outreach and Education Committee: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019692.html
- PyCon Chair Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019828.html / http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/author.html
- PSF Event Coordinator Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019844.html
- Administrator Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019840.html
- Sprint Committee Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019814.html
- Communication Status Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019815.html
- Associate Membership Program Report: (see Treasurer's Report - section, "Associate Membership")
- Marketing Material Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019821.html
- Community Relations Report: http://mail.python.org/mailman/private/psf-board/2012-November/019817.html
7 NLTK Funding to Mikjail Korobov
RESOLVED, that the PSF provide grant funding of $1000 to Mikhail Korobov to assist in finalizing the port of NLTK to Python 3 under Steven Bird's mentorship, following the NLTK Python 3 porting plan located at: https://github.com/nltk/nltk/blob/2and3/web/dev/python3porting.rst
8 Suggested Code of Conduct for Conferences
RESOLVED, that the PSF will encourage the creation and use of a Code of Conduct for Python conferences and similar events
9 Mandatory Code of Conduct for Conferences
RESOLVED, that the PSF will only sponsor conferences that have or agree to create and publish a Code of Conduct/Anti Harassment guide for their conference. A basic template to work from has been generated by the Ada Initiative at http://geekfeminism.wikia.com/wiki/Conference_anti-harassment/Policy
10 Other Business
- It was discussed and approved (without vote) that PyCon 2013's Financial Budget will be increased from $45,000 to $80,000.
Van Lindberg adjourned the meeting at 19:00 CEST/ 13:00 EDT.