PSF Meeting Minutes for Feb. 8, 2005

<center> <h3>The Python Software Foundation <br>Minutes of Regular Meeting of the Board of Directors </h3> </center>

<p>February 8, 2005

<p>A regular meeting of the Python Software Foundation (the "PSF") Board of Directors was held over Internet Relay Chat at 1:00 EST. Stephan Deibel presided at the meeting.

<h4>1. Attendance</h4>

<p>The following members of the Board of Directors were present at the meeting: David Ascher, Jeremy Hylton, Tim Peters, Stephan Deibel, and Guido van Rossum. Neal Norwitz and Kurt Kaiser also attended the meeting. Hylton took minutes.

<h4>2. Meeting minutes approved</h4>

<p>The January minutes were approved by a 4-0-1 vote.

<p><em style="color:red">Hylton will circulate draft minutes for the Dec. 2004 meeting.</em>

<h4>3. Discussion of action items</h4>

<p>Norwitz reported that Google stock received as a gift in Dec. 2004 was sold at $200.66 a share. He also reported that Tim Parkin's company was paid per the January resolution ("Web Site Redesign") and that Active Grid paid a sponsor member fee.

<p>

<h4>4. Assistant treasurer</h4>

<p>Kurt Kaiser was appointed assistant treasurer by unanimous vote.

<h4>5. Member meeting</h4>

<p>Deibel will run the members meeting at PyCon.

<p><em style="color:red">Hylton will send meeting notices and proxy forms. He will also compile a list of members who have not voted at the last two meetings and suggest that they become emeritus members.</em>

<p>Deibel will also run the "What is the PSF" session at PyCon. It will be an informal session with no specific preparation needed.

<h4>6. Change to psf-board mailing list policy</h4>

<p>The board discussed whether people other that board members or officers should be subscribed to the psf-board mailing list. The foundation lawyer raised a concern about privileged communication with the board, because regular members were also on that list. There was also some concern that sensitive communicates might want to be limited to current board members.

<p>RESOLVED that subscribers to the psf-board mailing list be officers or directors of the corporation or the corporation counsel.a

<p>Passed 5-0-0.

<p><em style="color:red">Van Rossum updated the mailing list membership.</em>

<h4>7. Discussion of board size</h4>

<p>The board discussed whether the foundation would benefit from having a larger board, specifically because there are more candidates for the new board than there are positions on the board. The membership is responsible for setting the board membership, but the board could make a recommendation.

<p>There was not clear consensus on the issue, although a few board members expressed interest in keeping as many active board members as possible. If a motion is to be voted on in the meeting, it should be included in the meeting notice and proxy forms.

<h4>8. Miscellaneous</h4>

<p>Ascher reported on a Perl Foundation meeting that he was invited to attend. Van Rossum reported on some tensions on the python IRC channel. Hylton suggested that the PSF designate one of the officers as the group contact at freenode. Hylton mentioned that we need to determine what acceptable use of the Python trademark is and begin policing it, but there was no time for further discussion.

<h4>Adjournment.</h4>

The meeting was adjourned at 2:06 p.m. EST.

Notice: While Javascript is not essential for this website, your interaction with the content will be limited. Please turn Javascript on for the full experience.