Deadline to nominate someone for Quarter 3 consideration is August 20, 2018
Please send your nomination to: email@example.com
Example nomination: I, Jesse Nominator, propose that Alex Pythonista be recognized as a Fellow of the Python Software Foundation, due to their significant contributions to the Python community as a co-founder of the PyCon Foobar regional conference, a lead organizer for the 2016 and 2017 editions of the Marsian Python community's flagship Python conference, MarsPython and as a long-term contributor to international collaborative efforts amongst the Marsian Python community.
Please provide email address of person you are nominating
Recently, the newly created PSF Fellow Work Group has decided to review nominations on a quarterly basis and we also established a criteria for handling the nominations. Here are the changes:
- First quarter: January to the end of March (01/01 - 31/03) Cut-off for nominations will be February 20. New fellows will be announced before March 31.
- Second quarter: April to the end of June (01/04 - 30/06) Cut-off for quarter two will be May 20. New fellows will be announced before June 30.
- Third quarter: July to the end of September (01/07 - 30/09) Cut-off for quarter three will be August 20. New fellows will be announced before end of September.
- Fourth quarter: October to the end of December (01/10 - 31/12) Cut-off for quarter four will be November 20. New fellows will be announced before December 31.
- For those who have served the Python community by creating and/or maintaining various engineering/design contributions, the following statement should be true:
- Nominated Person has served the Python community by making available code, tests, documentation, or design, either in a Python implementation or in a Python ecosystem project, that 1) shows technical excellence, 2) is an example of software engineering principles and best practices, and 3) has achieved widespread usage or acclaim.
- For those who have served the Python community by coordinating, organizing, teaching, writing, and evangelizing, the following statement should be true:
- Nominated Person has served the Python community through extraordinary efforts in organizing Python events, publicly promoting Python, and teaching and coordinating others. Nominated Person's efforts have shown leadership and resulted in long-lasting and substantial gains in the number and quality of Python users, and have been widely recognized as being above and beyond normal volunteering.
- If someone is not accepted to be a fellow in the quarter they were nominated for, they will remain an active nominee for 1 year for future consideration.
- It is suggested/recommended that the nominee have wide Python community involvement. Examples would be (not a complete list - just examples):
- Someone who has received a Community Service Award or Distinguished Service Award
- A developer that writes (more than one) documentation/books/tutorials for wider audience
- Someone that helps translate (more than one) documentation/books/tutorials for better inclusivity
- An instructor that teaches Python related tutorials in various regions
- Someone that helps organize local meet ups and also helps organize a regional conference
- Nominees should be aware of the Python community’s Code of Conduct and should have a record of fostering the community.
- Sitting members of the PSF Board of Directors can be nominated if they meet the above criteria.
In all that this person does, Nominated Person is an example of what we aspire to be in the Python community.
Welcome 2018 Q1 Fellow Members!
Nathaniel Smith, Michael Kennedy, Eyitemi Egbejule, Amber Brown, Ernest W. Durbin III
Welcome 2017 Q4 Fellow Members!
Belinda Weaver, Chukwudi Nwachukwu, Don Sheu, Donald Stufft, Fernando Masanori Ashikaga, Filip Kłębczyk, Ivaylo Bachvarov, Juan Luis Cano, Mabel Delgado, Mai Giménez, Manuel Kaufmann, Mario Corchero, Mário Sérgio Oliveira de Queiroz, Ola Sendecka, Ola Sitarska, Richard Kellner, Russell Keith-Magee, Selena Deckelman, Yamila Moreno
Welcome 2017 Q3 Fellow Members!
Aisha Bello, Brian Costlow, Carol Willing, Carrie Anne Philbin, Cory Benfield, Damien George, Daniel Pope, Daniele Procida, Dusty Phillips, Jackie Kazil, Laura Cassell, Lorena Mesa, Łukasz Langa, Peter Inglesby, Ruben Orduz