The *new* PSF Sponsorship Program
The PSF is excited to unveil a new sponsorship program that offers an array of PSF, PyPI (Python Package Index), CPython, and PyCon benefits. The PSF created a menu that allows you to choose where you want your sponsorship dollars to go.
We recognize that a virtual conference doesn’t have the same impact as an in-person event. We counterbalanced that by providing benefits across Python’s ecosystem that include a broad range of promotional opportunities for a full 12 months, not just during PyCon. Join us as a sponsor and help make a difference in the Python ecosystem!
What's the story behind the new sponsorship packages?
In addition to providing more impactful benefits, the PSF is growing the support it provides to core development and packaging. The below list can provide guidance to companies wanting to support what the PSF does already and what it can do in the future:
- Visionary: The support that is received from Visionary Sponsors helps ensure that Python has a strong and viable future. Visionary Sponsors want to take Python through the next 5 years and beyond. They are committed to helping the PSF make a difference in the entire Python ecosystem.
- Sustainability: Sustainability Sponsors support the PSF’s efforts to increase CPython’s sustainability, improve pypi.org and packaging, and expand our grants program. The support Sustainability Sponsors provide secures financial stability for the PSF to address such improvements.
- Maintaining: Maintaining Sponsors are committed to supporting the PSF, PyPI, and PyCon. Financial contributions from Maintaining Sponsors helps us keep our current operations going.
- Contributing: Contributing Sponsors support the PSF by giving what is possible so we can continue running our programs and address community needs.
- Supporting: Supporting Sponsors support the cause! The funding that Supporting Sponsors give supports the mission of the PSF and emphasizes importance of Python and our community
- Partner: Partner Sponsors enjoy partaking and supporting PyCon US, as well as supporting the Foundation and PyPI.
- Participating: Participating sponsors enjoy some PyCon US participation, as well as supporting the Foundation and PyPI.
- Associate: Associate sponsors are smaller organizations that want to show a commitment to our community and the PSF.
FINANCIAL IMPACT OF 2020 and 2021
COVID-19 has changed all aspects of our lives and is reshaping our future. PyCon US typically generates over 65% of the PSF’s revenue. With PyCon US 2020 and 2021 happening virtually, the PSF may lose $1.2 million USD of expected revenue for those two years.
In 2019, the strategic plan for the PSF shifted towards supporting CPython sustainability with plans to hire three full time Pythonistas to address maintenance, R&D, and education. With lower expected income from PyCon US for two years, we need sponsorship support to make these plans a reality. Other 2020 plans put on hold include improving pypi.org support and continuing more grants program funding.
The PSF is researching ways we can diversify our revenue streams, but cannot replace the near-term loss of $1.2 million USD. Your support is more important than ever!
What Does the PSF DO?
More information about what the PSF does can be found here.
How Can I Get Involved?
All of these initiatives help maintain and support the Python community and Python tools that you and the Python community use daily. This work can only be done with the generous financial support that organizations like yours provide. Whether you want to give back to this vibrant community or perhaps introduce your business or brand to like-minded industry professionals, the Python Software Foundation can help you accomplish those goals. Your contributions matter and they make an impact!
The PSF is recognized by the IRS as a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization, and donations are tax-deductible for organizations that pay taxes in the United States.
We hope you’ll join us as a sponsor and help make a difference in the Python ecosystem.
We’d love to talk with you. Please get in touch by contacting: email@example.com.