About me 👩🏽🎨
👋🏽 I am Sayantika (she/her), based out of India. I find joy in embracing various passions, from exploring technology and open source to expressing myself through art and caring for my little plants. I learn through interconnected experiences.
My community journey 🏽
Right from the very beginning, my tech journey has been exhilarating, weaving together diverse experiences.
Diversity and inclusion hold a special place in my heart. I have had the privilege of being involved in the Diversity and Inclusion Work Group at the Python Software Foundation (PSF), where we strive to create an inclusive Python community by amplifying diverse voices and advocating for equitable opportunities.
As a founding committee member at NumFocus's Project Incubator, I enjoyed brainstorming and witnessing the power of open-source collaboration and mentorship.
PyLadies Bangalore has always been close to my heart. Starting as a community member, I have grown exponentially through my journey to becoming an organizer.
In the past, I had the privilege of serving as a workgroup member at RSE Asia, where I furthered my knowledge and explored the friendly research software engineering community.
I am also proud to have served as a Board Member at the Django Software Foundation, actively shaping a vibrant and inclusive ecosystem for Django developers.
Contributing as a reviewer for the Tapia 2020/2021 conference scholarships gave me a unique perspective on the remarkable achievements and potential of underrepresented groups in computing.
Each experience has added a unique piece to the puzzle of my personal growth.
Spreading knowledge about tech, community, and beyond 💪🏽
- Presented at PyCon India 2021
- Presented at stackconf 2020/2022
- Collaborated and presented at PyCascades - Meet & Greet with PSF D&I workgroup
- Collaborated on workshops/meet-ups with PyLadies Bangalore
- Presented at meet-up by Infosec Girls Bangalore
- Contributed to multiple workshops on taking the first step and contributing to open source
My goals 🤝
My primary goal will be to streamline processes and empower the larger community to access information effortlessly. This will serve as a stepping stone for multiple initiatives and foster growth driven by valuable feedback.
- Enhancing communication and collaboration within the community.
- Identifying and addressing unique challenges and gathering valuable input from community members.
- Promoting transparency and designing accessible spaces.
Hoping to add value and create a welcoming and inclusive space for everyone. Thank you for considering my nomination.