Dear Python Community,
I am excited to announce my self-nomination for a position on the Board of the Python Software Foundation (PSF). As a dedicated member of the Python community and an advocate for open-source software (OSS), I am committed to contributing my skills, experience, and passion to further advance the Python programming language and support its vibrant ecosystem.
Qualifications and Experience
Deep Involvement in the Python Community
- 25+ years of experience: I have been actively involved with Python for over two decades, witnessing its growth and evolution.
- Python expertise: I am a Python expert with a strong command of the language's fundamentals and advanced concepts.
- Contributor and maintainer: I have made significant contributions to the Python community through my participation in mailing lists, forums, and GitHub repositories. I have also maintained several open-source projects, helping to foster collaboration and innovation.
- Tech conferences and speaking engagements: As an active speaker at tech conferences, I have had the privilege of sharing my knowledge and insights on Python with the community. I believe in the power of knowledge sharing to promote growth and learning. I have been honored to be asked to speak as the keynote speaker at PyCon IL this Summer.
Dedication to Open-Source Software
- Advocate for open-source philosophy: I firmly believe in the principles of open-source software and its transformative impact on technology and society. I actively promote the adoption and use of open-source software in various forums.
- Open-source contributions: Beyond Python, I have contributed to numerous other open-source projects, allowing me to gain valuable experience and insights into collaborative development processes.
- Published author: I have authored a book on web development, emphasizing the importance of open-source tools and frameworks. This experience has given me a deep appreciation for the role of documentation in enabling wider adoption and growth within the Python community.
Leadership and Community Building
- Management experience: In my current role as VP of Software Engineering, I head a division of globally-distributed software engineers. I have honed my leadership skills and gained a comprehensive understanding of managing teams with vastly different backgrounds, and driving strategic initiatives.
- Community engagement: I actively engage with the Python community in as many different forums as I can. I have been on a personal missing to give back to the community that has enabled me over these many years. I believe in fostering a sense of inclusivity and collaboration to empower all members of the community.
Vision and Goals
If elected to the Board of the Python Software Foundation, I will focus on the following key areas:
- Community growth and inclusivity: I will work to foster a diverse and inclusive Python community, creating opportunities for underrepresented groups and promoting a welcoming environment for newcomers. I do this already within the Sanic community, and I would like to bring this experience to the PSF.
- Education and outreach: I aim to enhance educational resources and initiatives that promote Python as a powerful tool for learning programming and problem-solving.
- Supporting open-source projects: I will advocate for resources and funding to support the development of critical open-source projects and initiatives within the Python ecosystem.
- Collaboration and partnerships: I will seek to strengthen relationships with other organizations, academic institutions, and industry partners to foster collaboration and drive innovation.
- Transparency and governance: I will promote transparency and effective governance within the PSF, ensuring that decisions are made with the best interests of the community in mind.
I am deeply committed to the Python programming language and the values that the Python Software Foundation represents. If given the opportunity to serve on the Board, I will dedicate my time, energy, and expertise to furthering the mission of the PSF and supporting the incredible Python community.
Thank you for considering my self-nomination. I would be honored to have the chance to contribute to the Python Software Foundation's continued success.
```python class Adam: work = PacketFabric("Director of Software Engineering") oss = Sanic("Core Maintainer") home = Israel("Negev")
async def run(self, inputs: Union[Pretzels, Coffee]) -> None: while True: await self.work.do(inputs) await self.oss.do(inputs) def sleep(self): raise NotImplementedError