Release Date: Dec. 21, 2015
Python 3.4 has reached end-of-life. Python 3.4.10, the final release of the 3.4 series, is available here.
Python 3.4.4 was released on December 6th, 2015.
Python 3.4.4 has many bugfixes and other small improvements over 3.4.3.
Major new features of the 3.4 series, compared to 3.3
Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Among the new major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series are
- PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths
- PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module
- PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection information for builtins
- PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization
- PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library
- PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators
- PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default in subprocesses
- PEP 450, a new "statistics" module
- PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system
- PEP 453, a bundled installer for the pip package manager
- PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations
- PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data
- PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects
- PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.4?
- 3.4 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
Notes on this release:
- The OS X installers are now distributed as signed installer package files compatible with the OS X Gatekeeper security feature.
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".) They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly "IA-64").
- There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||e80a0c1c71763ff6b5a81f8cc9bb3d50||19435166||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||8d526b7128affed5fbe72ceac8d2fc63||14307620||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.5 and later||8491d013826252228ffcdeda0d9348d6||24829047||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||349c61e374f6aeb44ca85481ee14d2f5||23170139||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||d6ffcb8cdabd93ed7f2feff661816511||37743788||SIG|
|Windows debug information files for 64-bit binaries||Windows||a0eea5b3742954c1ed02bddf30d07101||25038530||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||5fa4e75dd4edc25e33e56f3c7486cd15||7461732||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||963f67116935447fad73e09cc561c713||26054656||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||e96268f7042d2a3d14f7e23b2535738b||24932352||SIG|