Release Date: March 18, 2019
Python 3.4.10 was released on March 18th, 2019.
Python 3.4.10 is the final release in the Python 3.4 series. As of this release, the 3.4 branch has been retired, no further changes to 3.4 will be accepted, and no new releases will be made. This is standard Python policy; Python releases get five years of support and are then retired.
If you're still using Python 3.4, you should consider upgrading to the current version. Newer versions of Python have many new features, performance improvements, and bug fixes, which should all serve to enhance your Python programming experience.
We in the Python core development community thank you for your interest in 3.4, and we wish you all the best!
Major new features of the 3.4 series, compared to 3.3
Python 3.4 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, including hundreds of small improvements and bug fixes. Among the new major new features and changes in the 3.4 release series are
- PEP 428, a "pathlib" module providing object-oriented filesystem paths
- PEP 435, a standardized "enum" module
- PEP 436, a build enhancement that will help generate introspection information for builtins
- PEP 442, improved semantics for object finalization
- PEP 443, adding single-dispatch generic functions to the standard library
- PEP 445, a new C API for implementing custom memory allocators
- PEP 446, changing file descriptors to not be inherited by default in subprocesses
- PEP 450, a new "statistics" module
- PEP 451, standardizing module metadata for Python's module import system
- PEP 453, a bundled installer for the pip package manager
- PEP 454, a new "tracemalloc" module for tracing Python memory allocations
- PEP 456, a new hash algorithm for Python strings and binary data
- PEP 3154, a new and improved protocol for pickled objects
- PEP 3156, a new "asyncio" module, a new framework for asynchronous I/O
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||2452f4d809ae9d88011ccafe12c4b6d3||19684498||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||f88a98bce17a03c43a6a5f8a66ab2e62||14559088||SIG|