Release Date: Aug. 17, 2020
Python 3.7.9 is the latest security fix release of Python 3.7.
Python 3.8 is now the latest feature release series of Python 3. Get the latest release of 3.8.x here. Python 3.7.8 was the last bugfix release for 3.7. Python 3.7 is now in the security fix phase of its life cycle. Only security-related issues are accepted and addressed during this phase. We plan to provide security fixes for Python 3.7 as needed until mid 2023, five years following its initial release. Security fix releases are produced periodically as needed and are source-only releases.
Binary installers are normally not provided for security fix releases. However, since 3.7.8 was the last 3.7.x bugfix release and there are security fixes published in 3.7.9 that apply to users of some of the binary installers provided with 3.7.8, we have made an exception for 3.7.9 and are also updating the Windows and macOS binary installers. We do not plan to provide further binary updates for future 3.7.x security releases.
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".)
- There are now "web-based" installers for Windows platforms; the installer will download the needed software components at installation time.
- There are redistributable zip files containing the Windows builds, making it easy to redistribute Python as part of another software package. Please see the documentation regarding Embedded Distribution for more information.
- Please read the "Important Information" displayed during installation for information about SSL/TLS certificate validation and the running the "Install Certificates.command".
- As of 3.7.7, we provide one installer: 64-bit-only that works on macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later systems. The deprecated 64-bit/32-bit installer variant for macOS 10.6 (Snow Leopard) is no longer provided.
- As of 3.7.7, macOS installer packages are now compatible with the full Gatekeeper notarization requirements of macOS 10.15 Catalina including code signing.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||bcd9f22cf531efc6f06ca6b9b2919bd4||23277790||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||389d3ed26b4d97c741d9e5423da1f43b||17389636||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit installer||Mac OS X||for OS X 10.9 and later||4b544fc0ac8c3cffdb67dede23ddb79e||29305353||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||1094c8d9438ad1adc263ca57ceb3b927||8186795||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 embeddable zip file||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||60f77740b30030b22699dbd14883a4a3||7502379||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 executable installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||7083fed513c3c9a4ea655211df9ade27||26940592||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 web-based installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||da0b17ae84d6579f8df3eb24927fd825||1348904||SIG|
|Windows x86 embeddable zip file||Windows||97c6558d479dc53bf448580b66ad7c1e||6659999||SIG|
|Windows x86 executable installer||Windows||1e6d31c98c68c723541f0821b3c15d52||25875560||SIG|
|Windows x86 web-based installer||Windows||22f68f09e533c4940fc006e035f08aa2||1319904||SIG|