Release Date: Dec. 18, 2019
Note: The release you are looking at is a bugfix release for the legacy 3.7 series which has now reached end-of-life and is no longer supported. See the downloads page for currently supported versions of Python. The final source-only security fix release for 3.7 was 3.7.17.
Among the major new features in Python 3.7 are:
- PEP 539, new C API for thread-local storage
- PEP 545, Python documentation translations
- New documentation translations: Japanese, French, and Korean.
- PEP 552, Deterministic pyc files
- PEP 553, Built-in breakpoint()
- PEP 557, Data Classes
- PEP 560, Core support for typing module and generic types
- PEP 562, Customization of access to module attributes
- PEP 563, Postponed evaluation of annotations
- PEP 564, Time functions with nanosecond resolution
- PEP 565, Improved DeprecationWarning handling
- PEP 567, Context Variables
- Avoiding the use of ASCII as a default text encoding (PEP 538, legacy C locale coercion and PEP 540, forced UTF-8 runtime mode)
- The insertion-order preservation nature of dict objects is now an official part of the Python language spec.
- Notable performance improvements in many areas.
Please see What’s New In Python 3.7 for more information.
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".)
- There are now "web-based" installers for Windows platforms; the installer will download the needed software components at installation time.
- There are redistributable zip files containing the Windows builds, making it easy to redistribute Python as part of another software package. Please see the documentation regarding Embedded Distribution for more information.
- We provide two binary installer options for download. The default variant is 64-bit-only and works on macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later systems. Changed in 3.7.4 The 64-bit/32-bit variant that also works on very old versions of macOS, from 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on, is now deprecated and will no longer be provided in future releases; see the macOS installer ReadMe file for more info. Both variants come with batteries-included versions of Tcl/Tk 8.6 for users of IDLE and other tkinter-based GUI applications; third-party and system versions of Tcl/Tk are no longer used.
- Both python.org installer variants include private copies of OpenSSL. Please carefully read the Important Information displayed during installation for information about SSL/TLS certificate validation and the Install Certificates.command. Changed in 3.7.4 OpenSSL has been updated from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||3ef90f064506dd85b4b4ab87a7a83d44||23148187||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||c08fbee72ad5c2c95b0f4e44bf6fd72c||17246360||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit/32-bit installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||0dfc4cdd9404cf0f5274d063eca4ea71||35057307||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit installer||macOS||for OS X 10.9 and later||57915a926caa15f03ddd638ce714dd3b||28235421||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||8b915434050b29f9124eb93e3e97605b||8158109||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 embeddable zip file||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||5f84f4f62a28d3003679dc693328f8fd||7503251||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 executable installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||cc31a9a497a4ec8a5190edecc5cdd303||26802312||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 web-based installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||f9c11893329743d77801a7f49612ed87||1363000||SIG|
|Windows x86 embeddable zip file||Windows||accb8a137871ec632f581943c39cb566||6747070||SIG|
|Windows x86 executable installer||Windows||9e73a1b27bb894f87fdce430ef88b3d5||25792544||SIG|
|Windows x86 web-based installer||Windows||c7f474381b7a8b90b6f07116d4d725f0||1324840||SIG|