Release Date: 2018-01-31
This is a beta preview of Python 3.7
Python 3.7 is still in development. This release, 3.7.0b1, is the first of four planned beta release previews.
Among the major new features in Python 3.7 are:
- PEP 538, Coercing the legacy C locale to a UTF-8 based locale
- PEP 539, A New C-API for Thread-Local Storage in CPython
- PEP 540, UTF-8 mode
- PEP 552, Deterministic pyc
- PEP 553, Built-in breakpoint()
- PEP 557, Data Classes
- PEP 560, Core support for typing module and generic types
- PEP 562, Module __getattr__ and __dir__
- PEP 563, Postponed Evaluation of Annotations
- PEP 564, Time functions with nanosecond resolution
- PEP 565, Show DeprecationWarning in __main__
- PEP 567, Context Variables
Please see What’s New In Python 3.7 for more information. Additional documentation for these features and other changes will be updated during the beta phase.
Beta release previews are intended to give the wider community the opportunity to test new features and bug fixes and to prepare their projects to support the new feature release. We strongly encourage maintainers of third-party Python projects to test with 3.7 during the beta phase and report issues found to the Python bug tracker as soon as possible. While the release is planned to be feature complete entering the beta phase, it is possible that features may be modified or, in rare cases, deleted up until the start of the release candidate phase (2018-05-21). Our goal is have no ABI changes after beta 3 and no code changes after 3.7.0rc1, the release candidate. To achieve that, it will be extremely important to get as much exposure for 3.7 as possible during the beta phase. Please keep in mind that this is a preview release and its use is not recommended for production environments.
The next pre-release of Python 3.7 will be 3.7.0 beta 2, currently scheduled for 2018-02-26. The official release of 3.7.0 is planned for 2018-06-15.
- The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture. (Also known as the "x64" architecture, and formerly known as both "EM64T" and "x86-64".)
- If installing Python 3.7 as a non-privileged user, you may need to escalate to administrator privileges to install an update to your C runtime libraries.
- There are now "web-based" installers for Windows platforms; the installer will download the needed software components at installation time.
- There are redistributable zip files containing the Windows builds, making it easy to redistribute Python as part of another software package. Please see the documentation regarding Embedded Distribution for more information.
- NEW with this release (3.7.b1), we are providing two binary installer options for download. The new variant works on macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) and later systems and comes with its own batteries-included version oF Tcl/Tk 8.6 for users of IDLE and other tkinter-based GUI applications. It is 64-bit only. We also continue to provide the traditional variant that works on all versions of macOS from 10.6 (Snow Leopard) on. This variant still requires installing a third-party version of Tcl/Tk 8.5. If you are using macOS 10.9 or later, consider using the new installer variant, unless you are building Python applications that also need to work on older macOS systems.
- If you are using the Python 3.7 from one of the python.org binary installers linked to on this page, please carefully read the Important Information displayed during installation; this information is also available after installation by clicking on /Applications/Python 3.7/ReadMe.rtf. There is important information there about changes in the 3.7 installer-supplied Python, particularly with regard to SSL certificate validation.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||b55f1edab8b23dc011c95d4857cf3356||21932393||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||0d973587e62fbdfbb710de4a05489ae1||16478848||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||2c824401d754b164e3bd7a08e7bfdcd0||28773474||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit installer||Mac OS X||for OS X 10.9 and later||43730a0a67dc4a458063f21e6a267484||27274339||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||8598d7fb0cc0940fc52275e8fdd05476||8262381||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 embeddable zip file||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||788d2bc636fa9c00c1195419ee2f9ae8||6780246||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 executable installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||5525c247c1e4b7ff7987dde6d99c680c||26005496||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 web-based installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||8790ddedad4e1292a8f2d6cb64c671d5||1321448||SIG|
|Windows x86 embeddable zip file||Windows||f69caaa0a0e91f1cce3fa3db2ef341ea||6220867||SIG|
|Windows x86 executable installer||Windows||39e28b1fb88873f9b6a533ab0b8bd18b||25337736||SIG|
|Windows x86 web-based installer||Windows||d66dc9eec52cd695a3f02cd3b7fcaae9||1294040||SIG|