Release Date: June 18, 2019
Python 3.6.9rc1 is a release candidate preview of the latest security fix release of Python 3.6.
Python 3.7 is now released and is the latest feature release of Python 3. Get the latest release of 3.7.x here. Python 3.6.8 was the final bugfix release for 3.6.
Python 3.6 has now entered the security fix phase of its life cycle. Only security-related issues are accepted and addressed during this phase. We plan to provide security fixes for Python 3.6 as needed through 2021, five years following its initial release. Security fix releases are produced periodically as needed and only provided in source code form; binary installers are not provided.
Note that 3.6.9rc1 is a release preview and thus its use is not recommended for production environments.
Among the new major new features in Python 3.6 were:
- PEP 468, Preserving Keyword Argument Order
- PEP 487, Simpler customization of class creation
- PEP 495, Local Time Disambiguation
- PEP 498, Literal String Formatting
- PEP 506, Adding A Secrets Module To The Standard Library
- PEP 509, Add a private version to dict
- PEP 515, Underscores in Numeric Literals
- PEP 519, Adding a file system path protocol
- PEP 520, Preserving Class Attribute Definition Order
- PEP 523, Adding a frame evaluation API to CPython
- PEP 524, Make os.urandom() blocking on Linux (during system startup)
- PEP 525, Asynchronous Generators (provisional)
- PEP 526, Syntax for Variable Annotations (provisional)
- PEP 528, Change Windows console encoding to UTF-8
- PEP 529, Change Windows filesystem encoding to UTF-8
- PEP 530, Asynchronous Comprehensions
Please see What’s New In Python 3.6 for more information.
- Online Documentation
- PEP 494, 3.6 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at https://bugs.python.org.
- Python Development Cycle
- Help fund Python and its community.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||bfb667f8843b815807970b193e93dfb3||23022923||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||5f4b8a205bf2ecd7772542eebe3f6c1a||17210592||SIG|