Release Date: Oct. 4, 2014
This is a security-fix source-only release. The last binary release was 3.3.5.
The list of fixed security related issues can be found in the NEWS file.
Major new features of the 3.3 series, compared to 3.2
Python 3.3 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, as well as easier porting between 2.x and 3.x.
- PEP 380, syntax for delegating to a subgenerator (yield from)
- PEP 393, flexible string representation (doing away with the distinction between "wide" and "narrow" Unicode builds)
- A C implementation of the "decimal" module, with up to 120x speedup for decimal-heavy applications
- The import system (__import__) is based on importlib by default
- The new "lzma" module with LZMA/XZ support
- PEP 397, a Python launcher for Windows
- PEP 405, virtual environment support in core
- PEP 420, namespace package support
- PEP 3151, reworking the OS and IO exception hierarchy
- PEP 3155, qualified name for classes and functions
- PEP 409, suppressing exception context
- PEP 414, explicit Unicode literals to help with porting
- PEP 418, extended platform-independent clocks in the "time" module
- PEP 412, a new key-sharing dictionary implementation that significantly saves memory for object-oriented code
- PEP 362, the function-signature object
- The new "faulthandler" module that helps diagnosing crashes
- The new "unittest.mock" module
- The new "ipaddress" module
- The "sys.implementation" attribute
- A policy framework for the email package, with a provisional (see PEP 411) policy that adds much improved unicode support for email header parsing
- A "collections.ChainMap" class for linking mappings to a single unit
- Wrappers for many more POSIX functions in the "os" and "signal" modules, as well as other useful functions such as "sendfile()"
- Hash randomization, introduced in earlier bugfix releases, is now switched on by default
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.3?
- 3.3 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a preview release, and its use is not recommended in production settings.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||35344936a6e59e57ca5992bd10ef93af||16887301||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||811103b0ed8f18583e18af189fd96def||12129652||SIG|