Release Date: Feb. 9, 2014
fixes several security and a lot of overall bug fixes found in Python 3.3.3.
This release fully supports OS X 10.9 Mavericks. In particular, this release fixes an issue that could cause previous versions of Python to crash when typing in interactive mode on OS X 10.9.
Major new features of the 3.3 series, compared to 3.2
Python 3.3 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, as well as easier porting between 2.x and 3.x.
- PEP 380, syntax for delegating to a subgenerator (yield from)
- PEP 393, flexible string representation (doing away with the distinction between "wide" and "narrow" Unicode builds)
- A C implementation of the "decimal" module, with up to 120x speedup for decimal-heavy applications
- The import system (__import__) is based on importlib by default
- The new "lzma" module with LZMA/XZ support
- PEP 397, a Python launcher for Windows
- PEP 405, virtual environment support in core
- PEP 420, namespace package support
- PEP 3151, reworking the OS and IO exception hierarchy
- PEP 3155, qualified name for classes and functions
- PEP 409, suppressing exception context
- PEP 414, explicit Unicode literals to help with porting
- PEP 418, extended platform-independent clocks in the "time" module
- PEP 412, a new key-sharing dictionary implementation that significantly saves memory for object-oriented code
- PEP 362, the function-signature object
- The new "faulthandler" module that helps diagnosing crashes
- The new "unittest.mock" module
- The new "ipaddress" module
- The "sys.implementation" attribute
- A policy framework for the email package, with a provisional (see PEP 411) policy that adds much improved unicode support for email header parsing
- A "collections.ChainMap" class for linking mappings to a single unit
- Wrappers for many more POSIX functions in the "os" and "signal" modules, as well as other useful functions such as "sendfile()"
- Hash randomization, introduced in earlier bugfix releases, is now switched on by default
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.3?
- 3.3 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We support these formats for download:
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.3.4) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.3.4)  (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows help file (sig)
- Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit Installer (3.3.4) for Mac OS X 10.6 and later  (sig). [You may need an updated Tcl/Tk install to run IDLE or use Tkinter, see note 2 for instructions.]
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (3.3.4) for Mac OS X 10.5 and later  (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Georg Brandl's key, which has a key id of 36580288; the fingerprint is 26DE A9D4 6133 91EF 3E25 C9FF 0A5B 1018 3658 0288. The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Lรถwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ned Deily's key, which has a key id of 6F5E1540. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
9f7df0dde690132c63b1dd2b640ed3a6 16843278 Python-3.3.4.tgz 8fb961a20600aafafd249537af3ac637 12087568 Python-3.3.4.tar.xz 22501eb8acaaa849c834c5596c3cee37 19914620 python-3.3.4-macosx10.5.dmg 7ca8dab58e94f475418792ba2294b73f 19991575 python-3.3.4-macosx10.6.dmg 7622e1a5f3cb8477683700cfc35ba728 27050536 python-3.3.4-pdb.zip 0c59a8242be497ecc3bba27936aa0cd8 22153590 python-3.3.4.amd64-pdb.zip fe66db6a92f8135cbbefa3265e8a99ec 21168128 python-3.3.4.amd64.msi 839af9c8044a1c45338b618294d7a6f3 20627456 python-3.3.4.msi a2df0ea91babdefaebbf6a2f919a18b2 6704894 python334.chm
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||(1, 2) There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tar ball||Source release||~ 16 MB||9f7df0dde690132c63b1dd2b640ed3a6||16843278|
|XZ compressed source tar ball||Source release||~ 11 MB||8fb961a20600aafafd249537af3ac637||12087568|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer||Mac OS X||For OS X 10.5 and later||22501eb8acaaa849c834c5596c3cee37||19914620|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit Installer||Mac OS X||For Mac OS X 10.6 and later||7ca8dab58e94f475418792ba2294b73f||19991575|
|Windows X86-64 MSI Installer||Windows||fe66db6a92f8135cbbefa3265e8a99ec||21168128|
|Windows x86 MSI Installer||Windows||839af9c8044a1c45338b618294d7a6f3||20627456|