Release Date: May 15, 2013
regressions <http://docs.python.org/release/3.3.2/whatsnew/changelog.html>`_ found in Python 3.3.1.
Major new features of the 3.3 series, compared to 3.2
Python 3.3 includes a range of improvements of the 3.x series, as well as easier porting between 2.x and 3.x.
- PEP 380, syntax for delegating to a subgenerator (yield from)
- PEP 393, flexible string representation (doing away with the distinction between "wide" and "narrow" Unicode builds)
- A C implementation of the "decimal" module, with up to 120x speedup for decimal-heavy applications
- The import system (__import__) is based on importlib by default
- The new "lzma" module with LZMA/XZ support
- PEP 397, a Python launcher for Windows
- PEP 405, virtual environment support in core
- PEP 420, namespace package support
- PEP 3151, reworking the OS and IO exception hierarchy
- PEP 3155, qualified name for classes and functions
- PEP 409, suppressing exception context
- PEP 414, explicit Unicode literals to help with porting
- PEP 418, extended platform-independent clocks in the "time" module
- PEP 412, a new key-sharing dictionary implementation that significantly saves memory for object-oriented code
- PEP 362, the function-signature object
- The new "faulthandler" module that helps diagnosing crashes
- The new "unittest.mock" module
- The new "ipaddress" module
- The "sys.implementation" attribute
- A policy framework for the email package, with a provisional (see PEP 411) policy that adds much improved unicode support for email header parsing
- A "collections.ChainMap" class for linking mappings to a single unit
- Wrappers for many more POSIX functions in the "os" and "signal" modules, as well as other useful functions such as "sendfile()"
- Hash randomization, introduced in earlier bugfix releases, is now switched on by default
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- What's new in 3.3?
- 3.3 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Bzipped source tar ball (3.3.2) (sig), ~ 14 MB
- XZ compressed source tar ball (3.3.2) (sig), ~ 11 MB
- Gzipped source tar ball (3.3.2) (sig), ~ 16 MB
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.3.2) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.3.2)  (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows help file (sig)
- Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit Installer (3.3.2) for Mac OS X 10.6 and later  (sig). [You may need an updated Tcl/Tk install to run IDLE or use Tkinter, see note 2 for instructions.]
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (3.3.2) for Mac OS X 10.5 and later  (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Georg Brandl's key, which has a key id of 36580288; the fingerprint is 26DE A9D4 6133 91EF 3E25 C9FF 0A5B 1018 3658 0288. The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Löwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ned Deily's key, which has a key id of 6F5E1540. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
0a2ea57f6184baf45b150aee53c0c8da 16530940 Python-3.3.2.tgz 7dffe775f3bea68a44f762a3490e5e28 13983134 Python-3.3.2.tar.bz2 c94b78ea3b68a9bbc9906af4d5b4fdc7 11847676 Python-3.3.2.tar.xz 9d6094d54f5200d9c13d11c98d283cfe 19618740 python-3.3.2-macosx10.5.dmg ce63202f4a6caa956dac2116e21a29f4 19709642 python-3.3.2-macosx10.6.dmg 2a3911ed48b54ce0a25683c72154a5ca 27025960 python-3.3.2-pdb.zip 7ed2a017ae4f24413c9933dfba755364 22137206 python-3.3.2.amd64-pdb.zip 2477b4bd8e9a337705f7b5fda8b3b45f 20774912 python-3.3.2.amd64.msi 0d9db9c2316562c62e1e4c347b6f9430 20238336 python-3.3.2.msi e7eb67a7defbed74cbcf08b574f01f52 6605621 python332.chm
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||(1, 2) There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||7dffe775f3bea68a44f762a3490e5e28||13983134||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||da521bfb9cc85b259b3e1dd154208325||68638720||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||c94b78ea3b68a9bbc9906af4d5b4fdc7||11847676||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.5 and later||9d6094d54f5200d9c13d11c98d283cfe||19618740||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||ce63202f4a6caa956dac2116e21a29f4||19709642||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||2a3911ed48b54ce0a25683c72154a5ca||27025960||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||e7eb67a7defbed74cbcf08b574f01f52||6605621||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||2477b4bd8e9a337705f7b5fda8b3b45f||20774912||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||0d9db9c2316562c62e1e4c347b6f9430||20238336||SIG|