Release Date: May 15, 2013
Note: A newer security-fix release, 3.2.6, is currently available. Its use is recommended.
Python 3.2.5 was released on May 15th, 2013. This release fixes a few regressions found in Python 3.2.4, and is planned to be the final 3.2 series bugfix release.
New features of the 3.2 series, compared to 3.1
Python 3.2 is a continuation of the efforts to improve and stabilize the Python 3.x line. Since the final release of Python 2.7, the 2.x line will only receive bugfixes, and new features are developed for 3.x only.
Since PEP 3003, the Moratorium on Language Changes, is in effect, there are no changes in Python's syntax and only few changes to built-in types in Python 3.2. Development efforts concentrated on the standard library and support for porting code to Python 3. Highlights are:
- numerous improvements to the unittest module
- PEP 3147, support for .pyc repository directories
- PEP 3149, support for version tagged dynamic libraries
- PEP 3148, a new futures library for concurrent programming
- PEP 384, a stable ABI for extension modules
- PEP 391, dictionary-based logging configuration
- an overhauled GIL implementation that reduces contention
- an extended email package that handles bytes messages
- a much improved ssl module with support for SSL contexts and certificate hostname matching
- a sysconfig module to access configuration information
- additions to the shutil module, among them archive file support
- many enhancements to configparser, among them mapping protocol support
- improvements to pdb, the Python debugger
- countless fixes regarding bytes/string issues; among them full support for a bytes environment (filenames, environment variables)
- many consistency and behavior fixes for numeric operations
- What's new in 3.2?
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Bzipped source tar ball (3.2.5) (sig), ~ 11 MB
- XZ compressed source tar ball (3.2.5) (sig), ~ 8.5 MB
- Gzipped source tar ball (3.2.5) (sig), ~ 13 MB
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.5) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.2.5)  (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit Installer (3.2.5) for Mac OS X 10.6 and later  (sig). [You may need an updated Tcl/Tk install to run IDLE or use Tkinter, see note 2 for instructions.]
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (3.2.5) for Mac OS X 10.3 and later  (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Georg Brandl's key, which has a key id of 36580288; the fingerprint is 26DE A9D4 6133 91EF 3E25 C9FF 0A5B 1018 3658 0288. The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Löwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ned Deily's key, which has a key id of 6F5E1540. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
ed8d5529d2aebc36b53f4e0a0c9e6728 13123323 Python-3.2.5.tgz 99e7de6abd96185480f819c5029709d2 10996792 Python-3.2.5.tar.bz2 03c5843638c576d29b3321947facd22d 9221624 Python-3.2.5.tar.xz e119db5243fd9db25734f02fbfc48816 17773901 python-3.2.5-macosx10.3.dmg c97c7ff305b4b8ed84c6d708e0bde27c 17461482 python-3.2.5-macosx10.6.dmg a6597c204d0351abb3668b43a8a330aa 22029384 python-3.2.5-pdb.zip a82e831252fdd2b1153d3ae98a707ff2 20071496 python-3.2.5.amd64-pdb.zip b3b7bc402c630d61a37516986aaa1c4b 18812928 python-3.2.5.amd64.msi cdd6fdc59461c968bd105fdf08f4a17d 18329600 python-3.2.5.msi
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||(1, 2) There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||99e7de6abd96185480f819c5029709d2||10996792||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||f922d83147caf2199b02da1a4cc08ae8||57589760||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||03c5843638c576d29b3321947facd22d||9221624||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.3 and later||e119db5243fd9db25734f02fbfc48816||17773901||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||c97c7ff305b4b8ed84c6d708e0bde27c||17461482||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||a6597c204d0351abb3668b43a8a330aa||22029384||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||ee857dfdaf0ab02cad35ead2eac0dbff||10775||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||b3b7bc402c630d61a37516986aaa1c4b||18812928||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||cdd6fdc59461c968bd105fdf08f4a17d||18329600||SIG|