Release Date: April 6, 2013
Note: A newer security-fix release, 3.2.6, is currently available. Its use is recommended.
Python 3.2.4 was released on April 7th, 2013. This is the final 3.2 series bugfix release.
New features of the 3.2 series, compared to 3.1
Python 3.2 is a continuation of the efforts to improve and stabilize the Python 3.x line. Since the final release of Python 2.7, the 2.x line will only receive bugfixes, and new features are developed for 3.x only.
Since PEP 3003, the Moratorium on Language Changes, is in effect, there are no changes in Python's syntax and only few changes to built-in types in Python 3.2. Development efforts concentrated on the standard library and support for porting code to Python 3. Highlights are:
- numerous improvements to the unittest module
- PEP 3147, support for .pyc repository directories
- PEP 3149, support for version tagged dynamic libraries
- PEP 3148, a new futures library for concurrent programming
- PEP 384, a stable ABI for extension modules
- PEP 391, dictionary-based logging configuration
- an overhauled GIL implementation that reduces contention
- an extended email package that handles bytes messages
- a much improved ssl module with support for SSL contexts and certificate hostname matching
- a sysconfig module to access configuration information
- additions to the shutil module, among them archive file support
- many enhancements to configparser, among them mapping protocol support
- improvements to pdb, the Python debugger
- countless fixes regarding bytes/string issues; among them full support for a bytes environment (filenames, environment variables)
- many consistency and behavior fixes for numeric operations
- What's new in 3.2?
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Bzipped source tar ball (3.2.4) (sig), ~ 11 MB
- XZ compressed source tar ball (3.2.4) (sig), ~ 8.5 MB
- Gzipped source tar ball (3.2.4) (sig), ~ 13 MB
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (3.2.4) (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (3.2.4)  (sig) and Visual Studio debug information files (sig)
- Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit Installer (3.2.4) for Mac OS X 10.6 and later  (sig). [You may need an updated Tcl/Tk install to run IDLE or use Tkinter, see note 2 for instructions.]
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (3.2.4) for Mac OS X 10.3 and later  (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Georg Brandl's key, which has a key id of 36580288; the fingerprint is 26DE A9D4 6133 91EF 3E25 C9FF 0A5B 1018 3658 0288. The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Löwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ned Deily's key, which has a key id of 6F5E1540. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
3af05758d0bc2b1a27249e8d622c3e91 13121703 Python-3.2.4.tgz 9864fc7fcb95ea6e3e3ea8d23f8c5f3f 10998399 Python-3.2.4.tar.bz2 a52116f79701f811da9d850d3bc5bade 9223024 Python-3.2.4.tar.xz e4087c68fdf6db0fc611fef361c4bf8c 21849160 python-3.2.4-pdb.zip d2b6bea04671d5481a4c72a16f71b124 20210760 python-3.2.4.amd64-pdb.zip ea56e9ed6619534e0ee6a182dae7cc44 18812928 python-3.2.4.amd64.msi 962f3af4c90169b5f72c782645a80287 18329600 python-3.2.4.msi 81f330132f82f8a42de4d9c379df9b73 17771385 python-3.2.4-macosx10.3.dmg 3968b46a7657bbde35f4116e7d44127e 17462524 python-3.2.4-macosx10.6.dmg
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||(1, 2) There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||9864fc7fcb95ea6e3e3ea8d23f8c5f3f||10998399||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||8d95400791f598c68277f9365293cafd||57600000||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||a52116f79701f811da9d850d3bc5bade||9223024||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.3 and later||81f330132f82f8a42de4d9c379df9b73||17771385||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||3968b46a7657bbde35f4116e7d44127e||17462524||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||e4087c68fdf6db0fc611fef361c4bf8c||21849160||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||ee857dfdaf0ab02cad35ead2eac0dbff||10775||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||ea56e9ed6619534e0ee6a182dae7cc44||18812928||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||962f3af4c90169b5f72c782645a80287||18329600||SIG|