Release Date: March 16, 2022
This is the third maintenance release of Python 3.10
Python 3.10.3 is the newest major release of the Python programming language, and it contains many new features and optimizations.
Major new features of the 3.10 series, compared to 3.9
Among the new major new features and changes so far:
- PEP 623 -- Deprecate and prepare for the removal of the wstr member in PyUnicodeObject.
- PEP 604 -- Allow writing union types as X | Y
- PEP 612 -- Parameter Specification Variables
- PEP 626 -- Precise line numbers for debugging and other tools.
- PEP 618 -- Add Optional Length-Checking To zip.
- bpo-12782: Parenthesized context managers are now officially allowed.
- PEP 632 -- Deprecate distutils module.
- PEP 613 -- Explicit Type Aliases
- PEP 634 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Specification
- PEP 635 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Motivation and Rationale
- PEP 636 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Tutorial
- PEP 644 -- Require OpenSSL 1.1.1 or newer
- PEP 624 -- Remove Py_UNICODE encoder APIs
- PEP 597 -- Add optional EncodingWarning
from __future__ import annotations (PEP 563) used to be on this list
in previous pre-releases but it has been postponed to Python 3.11 due to some compatibility concerns. You can read the Steering Council communication about it here to learn more.
- Online Documentation
- PEP 619, 3.10 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at https://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
And now for something completely different
The omega baryons are a family of subatomic hadron (a baryon) particles that are represented by the symbol Ω and are either neutral or have a +2, +1 or −1 elementary charge. They are baryons containing no up or down quarks. Omega baryons containing top quarks are not expected to be observed. This is because the Standard Model predicts the mean lifetime of top quarks to be roughly 5*10^−25 seconds which is about a twentieth of the timescale for strong interactions, and therefore that they do not form hadrons.
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||f276ffcd05bccafe46da023d0a5bb04a||25608532||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||21e0b70d70fdd4756aafc4caa55cc17e||19343528||SIG|
|macOS 64-bit universal2 installer||macOS||for macOS 10.9 and later||d05c3699c5a9d292042320f327a50b8d||40374673||SIG|
|Windows embeddable package (32-bit)||Windows||15ab9ad0dcd9e647e0dd94bb987930a1||7562802||SIG|
|Windows embeddable package (64-bit)||Windows||413bcc68b01054ae6af39b6ab97f4fb4||8521615||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||d0689ad87c834c01fe99bcc98dbbd2ff||9205156||SIG|
|Windows installer (32-bit)||Windows||6a336cb2aca62dd05805316ab3aaf2b5||27312664||SIG|
|Windows installer (64-bit)||Windows||Recommended||9ea305690dbfd424a632b6a659347c1e||28467368||SIG|