Release Date: Dec. 6, 2021
This is the first maintenance release of Python 3.10
Python 3.10.1 is the newest major release of the Python programming language, and it contains many new features and optimizations.
Major new features of the 3.10 series, compared to 3.9
Among the new major new features and changes so far:
- PEP 623 -- Deprecate and prepare for the removal of the wstr member in PyUnicodeObject.
- PEP 604 -- Allow writing union types as X | Y
- PEP 612 -- Parameter Specification Variables
- PEP 626 -- Precise line numbers for debugging and other tools.
- PEP 618 -- Add Optional Length-Checking To zip.
- bpo-12782: Parenthesized context managers are now officially allowed.
- PEP 632 -- Deprecate distutils module.
- PEP 613 -- Explicit Type Aliases
- PEP 634 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Specification
- PEP 635 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Motivation and Rationale
- PEP 636 -- Structural Pattern Matching: Tutorial
- PEP 644 -- Require OpenSSL 1.1.1 or newer
- PEP 624 -- Remove Py_UNICODE encoder APIs
- PEP 597 -- Add optional EncodingWarning
from __future__ import annotations (PEP 563) used to be on this list
in previous pre-releases but it has been postponed to Python 3.11 due to some compatibility concerns. You can read the Steering Council communication about it here to learn more.
- Online Documentation
- PEP 619, 3.10 Release Schedule
- Report bugs at https://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
And now for something completely different
The Meissner effect (or Meissner–Ochsenfeld effect) is the expulsion of a magnetic field from a superconductor during its transition to the superconducting state when it is cooled below the critical temperature. This expulsion will repel a nearby magnet. The German physicists Walther Meissner and Robert Ochsenfeld discovered this phenomenon in 1933 by measuring the magnetic field distribution outside superconducting tin and lead samples. The experiment demonstrated for the first time that superconductors were more than just perfect conductors and provided a uniquely defining property of the superconductor state. The ability for the expulsion effect is determined by the nature of equilibrium formed by the neutralization within the unit cell of a superconductor.
You can do very cool things with it!
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG||Sigstore|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||91822157a97da16203877400c810d93e||25061625||SIG||.sigstore|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||789210934745a65247a3ebf5da9adb64||18775460||SIG||.sigstore|
|macOS 64-bit universal2 installer||macOS||for macOS 10.9 and later||d106e0f83028e9245397867148dc2323||39790346||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows embeddable package (32-bit)||Windows||4f4d7a8f2118f62e17a4ebdf5fe0aee5||7527277||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows embeddable package (64-bit)||Windows||864dcff204ba8b257809cc3f20beb1b9||8484449||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows embeddable package (ARM64)||Windows||e0d6077e6a4d43b97d46375e8c17c6d1||7691233||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows help file||Windows||993f5820d23ba72f9aee2e501f54980a||9573116||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows installer (32 -bit)||Windows||0b8c2ba677af4f47e534c7eee1c3cb03||27047408||SIG||.sigstore|
|Windows installer (64-bit)||Windows||Recommended||0e1c3a6ee3a05b5c4cd3d43fce8311a1||28179056||SIG||.sigstore|