Release Date: May 12, 2013
Note: A newer bugfix release, 2.7.6, is currently available. Its use is recommended over previous versions of 2.7.
Python 2.7.5 was released on May 15, 2013. This is a 2.7 series bugfix release. It contains several regression fixes to 2.7.4. Modules with regressions fixed include zipfile, gzip, and logging. The Python 2.7.4 binaries and source tarballs included a data file for testing purposes that triggered some virus scanners. This issue is resolved in the 2.7.5 release.
About the 2.7 release series
Among the features and improvements to Python 2.6 introduced in the 2.7 series are
- An ordered dictionary type
- New unittest features including test skipping, new assert methods, and test discovery
- A much faster io module
- Automatic numbering of fields in the str.format() method
- Float repr improvements backported from 3.x
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A backport of the memoryview object from 3.x
- Set literals
- Set and dictionary comprehensions
- Dictionary views
- New syntax for nested with statements
- The sysconfig module
- What's new in 2.7?
- Complete change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We currently support these formats for download:
- XZ compressed source tar ball (2.7.5) (sig)
- Gzipped source tar ball (2.7.5) (sig)
- Bzipped source tar ball (2.7.5) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.7.5) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI program database (2.7.5) (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.7.5)  (sig)
- Windows X86-64 program database (2.7.5)  (sig)
- Windows help file (sig)
- Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit x86-64/i386 Installer (2.7.5) for Mac OS X 10.6 and later  (sig). [You may need an updated Tcl/Tk install to run IDLE or use Tkinter, see note 2 for instructions.]
- Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC Installer (2.7.5) for Mac OS X 10.3 and later  (sig).
The source tarballs are signed with Benjamin Peterson's key (fingerprint: 12EF 3DC3 8047 DA38 2D18 A5B9 99CD EA9D A413 5B38). The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Löwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ned Deily's key, which has a key id of 6F5E1540. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
b4f01a1d0ba0b46b05c73b2ac909b1df 14492759 Python-2.7.5.tgz 6334b666b7ff2038c761d7b27ba699c1 12147710 Python-2.7.5.tar.bz2 5eea8462f69ab1369d32f9c4cd6272ab 10252148 Python-2.7.5.tar.xz e632ba7c34b922e4485667e332096999 18236482 python-2.7.5-pdb.zip 55cc56948dcee3afb53f65d8bb425f20 17556546 python-2.7.5.amd64-pdb.zip 83f5d9ba639bd2e33d104df9ea969f31 16617472 python-2.7.5.amd64.msi 0006d6219160ce6abe711a71c835ebb0 16228352 python-2.7.5.msi edc2df9809bcaaf704314ec387ff5ee7 5997097 python275.chm ead4f83ec7823325ae287295193644a7 20395084 python-2.7.5-macosx10.3.dmg 248ec7d77220ec6c770a23df3cb537bc 19979778 python-2.7.5-macosx10.6.dmg
|||(1, 2) The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|||(1, 2) There is important information about IDLE, Tkinter, and Tcl/Tk on Mac OS X here.|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||6334b666b7ff2038c761d7b27ba699c1||12147710||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||aca0e667865359f962dc77ad30a934eb||65290240||SIG|
|XZ compressed source tarball||Source release||5eea8462f69ab1369d32f9c4cd6272ab||10252148||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.3 and later||ead4f83ec7823325ae287295193644a7||20395084||SIG|
|Mac OS X 64-bit/32-bit installer||Mac OS X||for Mac OS X 10.6 and later||248ec7d77220ec6c770a23df3cb537bc||19979778||SIG|
|Windows debug information files||Windows||e632ba7c34b922e4485667e332096999||18236482||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||edc2df9809bcaaf704314ec387ff5ee7||5997097||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||83f5d9ba639bd2e33d104df9ea969f31||16617472||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||0006d6219160ce6abe711a71c835ebb0||16228352||SIG|