Release Date: July 3, 2010
Note: A bugfix release, 2.7.13, is currently available. Its use is recommended.
Python 2.7.0 was released on July 3rd, 2010.
Python 2.7 is scheduled to be the last major version in the 2.x series before it moves into an extended maintenance period. This release contains many of the features that were first released in Python 3.1. Improvements in this release include:
- An ordered dictionary type
- New unittest features including test skipping, new assert methods, and test discovery
- A much faster io module
- Automatic numbering of fields in the str.format() method
- Float repr improvements backported from 3.x
- Tile support for Tkinter
- A backport of the memoryview object from 3.x
- Set literals
- Set and dictionary comprehensions
- Dictionary views
- New syntax for nested with statements
- The sysconfig module
See these resources for further information:
- What's new in 2.7?
- Change log for this release.
- Online Documentation
- Report bugs at http://bugs.python.org.
- Help fund Python and its community.
This is a production release. Please report any bugs you encounter.
We currently support these formats for download:
- Gzipped source tar ball (2.7.0) (sig)
- Bzipped source tar ball (2.7.0) (sig)
- Windows x86 MSI Installer (2.7.0) (sig)
- Windows X86-64 MSI Installer (2.7.0)  (sig)
- Mac Installer disk image (2.7.0) for OS X 10.5 and later (sig). It contains code for PPC, i386, and x86-64.
- 32-bit Mac Installer disk image (2.7.0) for OS X 10.3 and later (sig).
- Windows help file (sig)
The source tarballs are signed with Benjamin Peterson's key (fingerprint: 12EF 3DC3 8047 DA38 2D18 A5B9 99CD EA9D A413 5B38). The Windows installer was signed by Martin von Löwis' public key, which has a key id of 7D9DC8D2. The Mac installers were signed with Ronald Oussoren's key, which has a key id of E6DF025C. The public keys are located on the download page.
MD5 checksums and sizes of the released files:
35f56b092ecf39a6bd59d64f142aae0f 14026384 Python-2.7.tgz 0e8c9ec32abf5b732bea7d91b38c3339 11735195 Python-2.7.tar.bz2 bd0dc174cbefbc37064ea81db1f669b7 16247296 python-2.7.amd64.msi 1719febcbc0e0af3a6d3a47ba5fbf851 15913472 python-2.7.msi 759077d3763134b3272f0e04ea082bd9 21420655 python-2.7-macosx10.3.dmg bb3d6f1e300da7fbc2730f1af9317d99 21509961 python-2.7-macosx10.5.dmg 575156d33dc71b6581865a374f5c7ad2 5754439 python27.chm
|||The binaries for AMD64 will also work on processors that implement the Intel 64 architecture (formerly EM64T), i.e. the architecture that Microsoft calls x64, and AMD called x86-64 before calling it AMD64. They will not work on Intel Itanium Processors (formerly IA-64).|
|Version||Operating System||Description||MD5 Sum||File Size||GPG|
|bzip2 compressed source tarball||Source release||0e8c9ec32abf5b732bea7d91b38c3339||11735195||SIG|
|Gzipped source tarball||Source release||dd7c8845ebc482b9ec808dcef95906f5||63098880||SIG|
|Mac OS X 32-bit i386/PPC installer||macOS||for Mac OS X 10.5 and later||bb3d6f1e300da7fbc2730f1af9317d99||21509961||SIG|
|Windows help file||Windows||575156d33dc71b6581865a374f5c7ad2||5754439||SIG|
|Windows x86-64 MSI installer||Windows||for AMD64/EM64T/x64||bd0dc174cbefbc37064ea81db1f669b7||16247296||SIG|
|Windows x86 MSI installer||Windows||1719febcbc0e0af3a6d3a47ba5fbf851||15913472||SIG|