The Python type system SIG
This list has been created for discussions on issues related to Python's type system.
Recently, the types SIG has come under attack for inactivity, and in response Paul Prescod has offered to guide the SIG towards accomplishing a single specific goal: to develop an optional static typing system for Python. The December 1999 archives of the SIG show the discussion that lead to this decision.
ResourcesThe following resources are available:
- Guido van Rossum's latest proposal
- Greg Stein's latest proposal
- Paul Prescod's latest proposal
- Scott Cotton's latest proposal (new!)
- The list owner is Paul Prescod
- You can Subscribe to the mailing list
- You can read the past archives
- Jim Fulton's summary of his interface work
- A previous discussion on the class/types dichotomy is available from http://www.egroups.com/python-classes
- Summaries from IPC7's Developers' Day sessions are also available from http://www.foretec.com/python/workshops/1998-11/devday.html