Documentation suggestions

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sat Dec 10 05:45:12 EST 2005

A.M. Kuchling wrote:

> BThe associated text currently isn't very helpful, but I'm not sure how
> to make it better.  Maybe it could be "'<item-title>', from '<dc:title>'
> by <dc:creator>".  Then the text for your file would be "'The zlib module',
> from '(the eff-bot guide to) The Standard Python Library' by Fredrik Lundh."

that should work.

if it turns out that this doesn't scale (has anyone put up that library
reference wiki yet? ;-), you can always add an override option to the
file that holds the seealso URL list.

> Can I safely treat the dc:identifier field as the URL for the work as
> a whole?  Then I could turn the book title into a hyperlink.

that should be safe.

the DC documentation is a bit convoluted, but if I understand things
correctly, the dc:identifier field should, by default, contain an URI.

(doing a full type check involves checking the xsi:type attribute for
dcterms:URI (evil!), but simply stripping the whitespace and checking
that the rest starts with "http://" should be good enough.)

</F>