[Tutor] building a website with python

Marc Tompkins marc.tompkins at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 00:03:59 CEST 2013

On Tue, Apr 9, 2013 at 2:54 PM, Prasad, Ramit <ramit.prasad at jpmorgan.com>wrote:

> Your hosting solution (needs) to support Python, and I do not believe all
> hosts support Python. You
> should double check with whatever host you choose.

Almost all commercial web hosts offer limited Python support (running as an
Apache module), but this is NOT sufficient to run the larger Python web
frameworks, such as Django.  What you need to check for is support for
"long-running processes"; as of the last time I checked, GoDaddy, 1and1,
and most of the budget hosts don't offer that - so no Django