[Tutor] Please use plain text.

Elena of Valhalla elena.valhalla at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 18:52:23 CEST 2009

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:02 PM, Wayne Watson
<sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I'm curious about this request. What mail reader are you using that causes
> the problem? What small text is small?

the same thing happens with gmail, and afaik almost every other
graphical email client that supports html emails. With text based
clients it's often even worse, since they don't support it at all and
show the html code.

On some lists there is the option to strip such formatting, maybe you
don't see it because you configured it so.

> Personally, I'd rather see these mail lists turn into forums formats. [...]

please no! I can follow a mailing list from almost everywhere, as long
as I have a cell phone, but I need a proper internet connection and a
proper pc to follow a forum like that

> This is about the best forum format I know. Maybe the difference is "they"
> seem to have a lot of bucks, but here we are using old inexpensive
> technology. There are simpler versions of the forum cited. Lots of software
> and hardware mfgers use them.

There are various free (as in speech) software forum managers, that
example is using one (phpbb) and it's not superior expensive
technology, it's just a different, IMHO inferior, technology that
works for communities and general chatting, but is not as versatile as
a mailing list for technical discussions

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''

email: elena.valhalla at gmail.com