[Tutor] Please use plain text.

Mark Tolonen metolone+gmane at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:23:30 CEST 2009

Signature.htmlI normally reply in whatever the original poster uses, because
when I convert HTML to plain text it removes all the attribution
indentation, making it difficult to tell who wrote what (see below...I
converted this post back to plain text).  HTML is generally painful to read
unless your editor completely supports editing in it (mine doesn't), so I
second the motion to post only plain text.

-Mark

"Wayne Watson" <sierra_mtnview at sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:49DAD279.2000305 at sbcglobal.net...
That's strange--tiny image below. I use SeaMonkey, and it seems to be almost
identical to Tbird. I tend to use html for my signature. I'm not sure what
someone did to produce the tiny print below. Ah, I see, they apparently
grabbed the image, and inserted it. When I grab images with SnagIt, I have
the text size set to something much more reasonable than I see here. Maybe
someone has exceptionally good eyes.

Occasionally, when I print, e-mail, not my own, I get tiny letters. That's
solvable (Win XP) by pumping up the size in Print Preview. I still find it
odd, and it seems to happen randomly.

bob gailer wrote:
Wayne Watson wrote:
I'm curious about this request. What mail reader are you using that causes
the problem?

I use Thunderbird. It is not the cause of the problem. It renders emails
exactly as formatted by the sender.

The specific example I was reacting to was this morning 1:08 AM:
Re: [Tutor] Formatting zip module arguments correctly
metolone+gmane at gmail.com

In hopes that you can see graphics, here is an extract:

[snip]

--
Bob Gailer
Chapel Hill NC

          "Less than all cannot satisfy Man." -- William Blake

Tutor maillist  -  Tutor at python.org