[Tutor] some questions - from a complete newbie

vip333d@yahoo.com vip333d@yahoo.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 11:49:15 -0800 (PST)

dear Tutor!
I'm a newbie, and there are some things that I want to
do with python, that aren't in the basic web tutorials
I have read. My OS is win95. I:
a) cannot execute the os.access(c:\.....) or the
os.path.exists. the arrow points on the "c". I tried
it without the c:\ and the arrow pointed on the "s" of
"my documents.
b) I'd like some strings that open other windows
files, documents and web pages etc.
c) I'd be happy to get a list of orders that get me
parts of web pages, for example the headlines of the
NYTimes.
d) It would be great to get a list of web-oriented
orders, but if it's too much to ask - it's too much to
ask.

thank you very very much!
vip333d@yahoo.com

(by the way: Python is a great language!)