[TriZPUG] informal Triangle Django Users Group starting

Paul Smith paul at blinkylights.org
Mon Nov 9 20:46:01 CET 2009

Tobias McNulty wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 1:46 PM, Bradley A. Crittenden
> <brad.crittenden at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Kurt and Gary have more eloquently expressed what I tried to say at our last
>> meeting.  I'd *love* to hear Django talks at the TriZPUG meetings.
>>

> So (and I'm just thinking out loud here, so please speak up if you
> have another idea), what if the Django folks scheduled all of their
> talks through TriZPUG, but occasionally met for socializing/dev
> sprints as a separate entity?  Does that seem like a reasonable
> middleground?
>
> Cheers,
> Tobias

    Tobias, I think that sounds like a perfect idea. While I know that
there are a lot of Web developers who are only interested in Python
because of Django, I can definitely testify that it can be really,
really valuable to speak in front of, and to listen to the guys using
Python for science, GIS, Plone, sysadmin'ing and general itch-scratching.

--P