[Spambayes] Detecting spam sorted into other folders

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 11 22:13:07 CEST 2004

Richard B Barger ABC APR wrote:
> Niles, filter first, then sort.  I receive 1400 or 1500 messages a
> day, and I have 61 message filters to handle the sort.  I can keep
> mail from separate accounts isolated from one another by using
> multiple sort features.  Works like a charm.
>
> I use Netscape Mail.

Excellent in theory, and in most cases highly preferable.  Unfortunately,
this is entirely impossible in Outlook.

Because of the way the Outlook rules work, we have basically two choices for
processing order: 1) we can leave control with Outlook and have no idea
whether Outlook will process its rules first or call SpamBayes first, or 2)
we can delay SpamBayes processing to ensure that the Outlook rules process
first.  So far, no one has discovered a way to force Outlook to delay its
rule processing to always occur after SpamBayes.

--
Kenny Pitt