[Spambayes] Question about the Outlook add-in and the classification of already filtered messages.

DUI-DWI brown at dui-dwi.com
Wed Aug 11 20:24:57 CEST 2004

I have a question regarding classification with the add-in in Outlook.  Say
I get in 10 new spammy messages in the junk folder, and I trained the 3
lowest scoring spam as spam.  Now I want to re-score the remaining 7 spammy
messages to see whether their score has increased either substancially or
into spam range.  I try to achieve this by filtering the folder by NOT
actually filtering and only scoring.  I've found that when I do this, the
score actually decreases a lot, and it should bump up the score, especially
if you trained on a low scoring spam and it has duplicates (should be close
to 100).  The result is that they score between 3%-30% and should be the
other way around at 90%-100%.  Is there something that I'm doing wrong here?

To sum it up, I'm asking if I can classify messages either by single message
or whole folders with the Outlook add-in.  I know that you can classify
single messages in the proxy version.  Is there a way to un-filter messages
so that you can re-filter them by only scoring to get the proper scores?

Thanks!

Webmaster