[SciPy-Dev] SciPy Central in GSoC 2013

Ralf Gommers ralf.gommers at gmail.com
Tue Apr 16 18:03:42 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Surya Kasturi <suryak at ieee.org> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I created a blog to post proposal, ideas for proposal etc.. on spc.
> http://surya-gsoc2013.blogspot.in/
>
> The proposal is under making.. but I looking for someone to comment of my
> ideas. It would be great if someone could help me choosing some of them or
> all of them..
>
> (Let me know if they have to be posted in mailing list)

Hi Surya, I think posting on your blog is fine. It looks to me like you
have a lot of good ideas, but it would help your proposal to group them
together into a couple of themes. For example:
1. Finish and deploy new site design
2. Improve site performance and maintainability by:
  - adding a caching mechanism
  - using Django-CMS and migrating to Django 1.4.5
  - add design documentation
3. Code/snippet submission by:
  <your points 6, 8, 12>
4. Other new features
  <your points 1, 2, 3, 4>

Then you have to have some idea on relative importance of all these things
and how long they'll take in order to make a plan with a rough timeline
attached.

Cheers,
Ralf