[SciPy-dev] Technology Previews and Sphinx Docstring Annotations

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 09:18:08 EST 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 11:09 PM, Olivier Grisel
<olivier.grisel at ensta.org> wrote:

> Would not it be possible to have 2 types of buildbot tasks:
>
> - react on svn checkin to build and launch the tests (for numpy, scipy
> and each independent scikit)
> - nightly build and package a windows installer (idem numpy, scipy and
> each independent scikit ) and then push it to a static webserver
> somewhere
>
> ?
>
> Sure that would require some (unbounded) time investment but that is
> work that is similar to what is already done manually at each release
> of numpy / scipy and could help streamline the scikits maintenance /
> qa a lot.

Yes, that's exactly my point: if we don't have CRAN-like system, it
does not mean we won't have to do its work, only that we will have to
do it manually instead. And building installers for every scikit is
actually much easier than building scipy or numpy installers (because
of the dependency; most scikits do not depend on anything but
numpy/scipy).

If we could have access to one mac VM and one windows VM, it would
relatively easy to have a batch job building nightly binaries for
every scikit (it is mostly a matter of getting numpy and scipy
installed + a few tools), and then uploading them automatically on
scipy.org.

David