[SciPy-dev] Technology Previews and Sphinx Docstring Annotations

Olivier Grisel olivier.grisel at ensta.org
Tue Nov 4 09:09:39 EST 2008

2008/11/4 Stéfan van der Walt <stefan at sun.ac.za>:
> 2008/11/4 Olivier Grisel <olivier.grisel at ensta.org>:
>>> That would be great.  But currently, this is all vapourware.
>>
>> AFAIK the scipy buildbot already has a windows slave [1]. Would not it
>> be possible to configure new buildbot tasks to build and test scikits
>> as well?
>>
>> [1] http://buildbot.scipy.org/builders/Windows_XP_x86_64_MSVC
>
> At the moment, these are all NumPy buildbots.  Even so, we don't
> control those machines directly.  Whenever I change something, I need
> to send the owners e-mail.  And then, there is the problem of getting
> the packages back to a central repository.  Not impossible, but this
> isn't an ideal solution.

Would not it be possible to have 2 types of buildbot tasks:

- react on svn checkin to build and launch the tests (for numpy, scipy
and each independent scikit)
- nightly build and package a windows installer (idem numpy, scipy and
each independent scikit ) and then push it to a static webserver
somewhere

?

Sure that would require some (unbounded) time investment but that is
work that is similar to what is already done manually at each release
of numpy / scipy and could help streamline the scikits maintenance /
qa a lot.

--
Olivier