[SciPy-dev] Presentation of pymachine, a python package for machine learning

Travis Oliphant oliphant.travis at ieee.org
Mon May 14 03:09:07 EDT 2007

David Cournapeau wrote:

>    Now, before starting working on it, I would like to get some feedback
> about what other people think is necessary with respect to those goals:
>    - What are the requirements for a toolbox to go from the sandbox into
> the scipy namespace ?

For me, it is willingness of somebody to take responsibility for it.
Of course we would like some kind of standard in place, which is why I
brought up the notion of a peer-reviewed "journal" idea.   At this
point, however, working code for capability that scipy doesn't already
have is pretty convincing for me.