[SciPy-dev] Presentation of pymachine, a python package for machine learning

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Mon May 28 00:36:45 EDT 2007

Travis Oliphant wrote:
> David Cournapeau wrote:
>>    Now, before starting working on it, I would like to get some feedback
>> about what other people think is necessary with respect to those goals:
>>    - What are the requirements for a toolbox to go from the sandbox into
>> the scipy namespace ?
>>
> For me, it is willingness of somebody to take responsibility for it.
> Of course we would like some kind of standard in place, which is why I
> brought up the notion of a peer-reviewed "journal" idea.   At this
> point, however, working code for capability that scipy doesn't already
> have is pretty convincing for me.
May I request to include pyem in the main scipy, then ? The basic
functionalities are there (standard EM for finite mixtures) and tested,
the ones which I am not confident with are not included by default. The
code has not changed much recently, but I am using it regularly, and
intend to improve it, using the time that SoC is giving to me.

Including pyem in the mainline would makes it easier to track things in
Trac (this is the main reason I am requesting this now),

David