[SciPy-dev] scikits infrastructure: ticket Mailing list, list of projects

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Tue Jul 10 00:33:32 EDT 2007

dmitrey wrote:
> As for me, I don't think that idea of common svn number releases (i.e.
> like these 178, 181) for scikits project is good.
I don't see any way to avoid it since all projects share the same
subversion repository. I agree this is not ideal, but this was done for
a reason (I don't claim accuracy on this point, but if I remember
correctly, the current layout was prefered to a
project/{branch/tags/trunk} for performances reasons). If it were me, I
wouldn't have used svn as a RCS anyway... But this is not my project nor
my decision
> I think it should be separated for each scikit - it will be easier for
> someone interested in a single scikit from svn to see svn changelog.
> + what is the sense of wasting time for email related for mlabwrap svn
> update, when I work with for example pyaudiolab and have no any
> relations to mlabwrap? It's just a waste of time.
Maybe something could be done, like adding something in the subject of
the email for each scikits, hence enabling easy filter. I don't know how
trac works, nor do I know if this is possible.

David