[SciPy-dev] scikits infrastructure: ticket Mailing list, list of projects

dmitrey openopt at ukr.net
Tue Jul 10 00:57:28 EDT 2007

I had thought about the filter for scikits svn tickets too.
Also, I thought about something filtering mailing lists.
For example, it would be good extension to mozilla thunderbird: "Ignore
topic"
suppose someone writes to mailing list: "problems with Mac install scipy".
Since I have no relations to the problem, I press mouse right button and
chose "ignore topic"
so it will be automatically removed, as well as all messages  with same
topic that will come later as answers:
*problems with Mac install scipy
'*' means any symbols like re:, re[2], Re: etc
So they will just not downloaded from mail server at all and no mail
beep or other announce of new email message will divert me.
It could be handled in the extension settings which period is ignored :
for week, for month, for year etc.

Or maybe you know appropriate email client where something like that is
already implemented?
D.